Asylum Based i-485

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Asylee Expert View Post
    Hello Everyone, It is official, I am a United States Permanent Resident. The card came today and IT IDS BACK DATED AS EXPECTED. I will be eligible gor citizenship October 8, 2021.

Timelines

Apply for Permanent Residency/Green Card on March 2018

Case transferred to Texas Servicr Center for faster processing in July 2018

Solicited the assistance of the U.S. Obudsman and New York Congressman in October 2019. It was dealth with immediately and approved on October 8, 2019.

Thanks everyone! I am here as usual, I will leave for the Kingdom of Netherlands next week. It is not too late to join me!
    What do you mean you can apply for citizenship in October 2021 because you were granted asylum in 2017?
    the waiting time is included on your card?

Comment

Hello Everyone, It is official, I am a United States Permanent Resident. The card came today and IT IDS BACK DATED AS EXPECTED. I will be eligible gor citizenship October 8, 2021.

Timelines

Solicited the assistance of the U.S. Obudsman and New York Congressman in October 2019. It was dealth with immediately and approved on October 8, 2019.

Thanks everyone! I am here as usual, I will leave for the Kingdom of Netherlands next week. It is not too late to join me!
      Congrats again

Comment

• Originally posted by Hatori1980 View Post

What do you mean you can apply for citizenship in October 2021 because you were granted asylum in 2017?
        the waiting time is included on your card?
        Once again, I am married to a U.S. citizen for over 3 years. My green card is through asylum and has been backdated a year from the approval date, that means I have to wait only 2 years from the approval date to apply for citizenship.

Comment

• Asylum based i485 filed on March 2018,
          Transferred to Texas service center from Nebraska Service center on JULY 2018
          Since then no response or update till today's date!!!

What to do ? Suggest the further step

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam1431 View Post
            Asylum based i485 filed on March 2018,
            Transferred to Texas service center from Nebraska Service center on JULY 2018
            Since then no response or update till today's date!!!

What to do ? Suggest the further step
            Are you living in a state under TSC's jurisdiction but filed instead with NSC? If so, that may be the reason for the transfer.

Normally, if files are moved within offices, you shouldn't lose your place in queue but it seems to me that TSC may be putting transferred files at the end of the queue, regardless of the date of filing.

I strongly recommend that you contact your congressman to place an inquiry with TSC. It helps tremendously. Read one of my recent posts on how I did that myself and received my green card. Cheers.

Comment

Timelines

Congratulations man so glad for you, i have same situation and i live in new york and my i-485 is in TSC. If you plz guide me that how your congressman expedite your case? Was it on humanitarian basis or just they send inquiry in different way? Kindly if someone can help me in this regards that how we should approach to congressman and how they proceed the caee?

Comment

Thank you very much! I requested assistance from two sources, the U.S. Obudsman Case Assistance and from my Senator, Congressman here in New York. It is important to note, this measure is not for those who have just filed, This is a last resort if you don't wish to sue the government as that measure will cost you and to hire an attorney. In my personal opinion, If you have been waiting over a year, You can try both of the options listed below.

I wish everyone well, If you have any other questions, Don't hesitate to ask me.

The link below is the Obudsman Case Assistance website.
                https://www.dhs.gov/case-assistance

This is the link to find the Senator for where you live. After finding your representative go to the Senator's website and fill out the form for Immigration Case Assistance.

https://www.govtrack.us/congress/members/current

Here's a post from the past which can guide you through the process of getting help from your Congressman.

Additional Guidance:
                When you find your Congressman, go their official website and there should be a link for services they provide. Under the services, look for Immigration or anything similar and you should either see a form or instructions on how to get help.
                Usually, when you fill out the online form on the Congressman's website, you will also need to mail the printed version of the filled form with your signature to the given address. All the instructions will be provided once you fill out the form online.
                Last edited by ravinmish; 10-21-2019, 10:51 AM.

Comment

• Hello all,

I've come across some former asylees filing for citizenship (N400) based on the date of asylum approval, rather than based on the dates on their asylee green cards.

Anyone familiar with this? Has anyone been successful with this?

Comment

• Originally posted by mekus21 View Post
                    Hello all,

I've come across some former asylees filing for citizenship (N400) based on the date of asylum approval, rather than based on the dates on their asylee green cards.

Anyone familiar with this? Has anyone been successful with this?
                    In order to apply for N-400 (citizenship) for asylee, it should be 4years 9month from the date of issuance of your Green card then you are eligible to apply for it.

Comment

• Does anyone here knows what are supporting documents needed for adjustment of status(-I485) for derivative Asylee (AS2)?

Comment

• Taxes have increased waiting time in USCIS website

Comment

• Originally posted by luckycharm4111 View Post
                          Does anyone here knows what are supporting documents needed for adjustment of status(-I485) for derivative Asylee (AS2)?
                          Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the same docs as for primary. In the final asylum approval, there are 2 names, so derivative Asylee should have the same rights. It's just my thoughts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hatori1980 View Post
                            Taxes have increased waiting time in USCIS website
                            It's always been like that at Texas. The timeframe dates may fluctuate but on average, at least 1 year processing time even for the fastest of cases.

So who's getting ready to file for citizenship soon?!

Comment

• Does anyone here knows how long get approved i730 at TSC if beneficiary in United States?

thank you

Comment

• Originally posted by Loveusa99 View Post
                                Does anyone here knows how long get approved i730 at TSC if beneficiary in United States?

thank you
                                It took six months to schedule the interview and make the decision for I-730 at TSC last year

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X