No announcement yet.

Asylum Based i-485

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well as many of you guys have posted, I did my fingerprints on Feb 27th, they only took two fingerprints of my right hand and a picture of myself. The next day the status changed again to "Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken". I applied on September of 2019 at TSC. The backlog they have is huge so honestly I'm not too optimistic about getting my GC before the end of this year, but don't want to stress about it. It will come.

Comment

• Originally posted by Loveusa99 View Post
      luckycharm4111 badbunny
      you guys have interview i-730?
      What they ask in interview?

thank you...
      Loveusa99
      Yes, It was in 2018. It lasted about 30-40mins.
      Going through application line by line and relationship questions.
      Documents to support the relationship like gas bill, electric bill, renters insurance, rental agreement and photos.
      If you have lot of photos then your case will be more stronger.
      We had our attorney with us which was very helpful.
      Last edited by luckycharm4111; 03-04-2020, 11:53 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by mmbt View Post
        Well as many of you guys have posted, I did my fingerprints on Feb 27th, they only took two fingerprints of my right hand and a picture of myself. The next day the status changed again to "Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken". I applied on September of 2019 at TSC. The backlog they have is huge so honestly I'm not too optimistic about getting my GC before the end of this year, but don't want to stress about it. It will come.
        I will keep my finger cross for all of us.

Comment

• Originally posted by mekus21 View Post

Yayyy...I know that feeling! =D

Hahahaha....congrats man!

I still feel excited like my green card was approved yesterday!

Countdown to citizenship. Now is the time to travel the world (except COP of course lol)! =D =D Don't forget to get the Global Entry thing for easy in and out of airports when flying. Go conquer the world!
          Mekusa can you apply for Global entry with a travel document? I recently got my green card and love to travel but I only have TD I don't have a passport.

Comment

• Originally posted by folads21 View Post
            Hi All,

I got an update of “Request for Evidence” today and I am nervous what it could be. Has anyone been in that situation before? My file is in NSC
            Most likely Medical...I got mine in January

Comment

• luckycharm4111 thank you

yes.. my attorney said same like your attorney. have lot of photos then the case will be more stronger, And not too much worry because we have kids.

Comment

• Originally posted by hammy2581 View Post
                Hi Guys,
                New in this forum, Seen some cases same situation as mine. like to post timeline for pending I-485 Application. Filed from New York -Texas Service Center.

Came to US -Aug 2014
                Filed Asylum July 2015
                Asylum Approved- May 2018
                I-485 Filed- June 1 2019
                Status Changed to Fingerprints Applied - June 25 2019

After 8 months, Got notice for Biometrics on February 25 2020
                Status changed to fingerprints applied.

Can’t Wait to change it to “New Card being Produced”
                Joining Armed forces so my recruiter can’t wait either lol
                Same thing for me.
                I got approved in April 2018 and Applied for greencard MAY 2019.Redone my fingerprints on 02/26/2020 and status changed on 02/27/2020 to "my case was updated to fingerprints were taken".Now its just a wait game.My lawyer said it happens sometimes while processing the file if they need to redo the fingerprints and after it only takes a month for the background check to come and them to approve the case.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sahil728 View Post

Same thing for me.
                  I got approved in April 2018 and Applied for greencard MAY 2019.Redone my fingerprints on 02/26/2020 and status changed on 02/27/2020 to "my case was updated to fingerprints were taken".Now its just a wait game.My lawyer said it happens sometimes while processing the file if they need to redo the fingerprints and after it only takes a month for the background check to come and them to approve the case.
                  I hope we don't have to wait for a long time for the approval.

I have the same dates as yours and hope we both get the results at the same time

Comment

Same thing for me.
                    Honestly, I found the same thing with the cases like these but most of them at Nebraska Service center. With the Texas I am expecting them to not take over 4-5 months. Month will be surprise if that happens. Glad i found this forum because i was more worried about the fingerprint redo with category 5 on it, that **** messes up with my head alot. Seeing i am not the only one did relieves me from stress.

Comment

Honestly, I found the same thing with the cases like these but most of them at Nebraska Service center. With the Texas I am expecting them to not take over 4-5 months. Month will be surprise if that happens. Glad i found this forum because i was more worried about the fingerprint redo with category 5 on it, that **** messes up with my head alot. Seeing i am not the only one did relieves me from stress.
                      i know this wait has a another level of stress apart from the our own jobs.Rest i think that now should not take any longer as they have already starting working on our cases, that is why they asked for the finger prints again. i also checked files that are close and far from my file number, not a lot of them got the fingerprint requests again.
                      So i think we could be the lucky ones.
                      Good luck and dont stress too much.

Comment

Hi Guys,
                        New in this forum, Seen some cases same situation as mine. like to post timeline for pending I-485 Application. Filed from New York -Texas Service Center.

Came to US -Aug 2014
                        Filed Asylum July 2015
                        Asylum Approved- May 2018
                        I-485 Filed- June 1 2019
                        Status Changed to Fingerprints Applied - June 25 2019

After 8 months, Got notice for Biometrics on February 25 2020
                        Status changed to fingerprints applied.

Can’t Wait to change it to “New Card being Produced”
                        Joining Armed forces so my recruiter can’t wait either lol
                        Hey! I am waiting for my green card too to join the Arny! I still don't know how long it's gonna take

Comment

Same thing for me.
                          Same here! Asylum approved in March 2018, and application for GC in May 2019

Comment

i know this wait has a another level of stress apart from the our own jobs.Rest i think that now should not take any longer as they have already starting working on our cases, that is why they asked for the finger prints again. i also checked files that are close and far from my file number, not a lot of them got the fingerprint requests again.
                            So i think we could be the lucky ones.
                            Good luck and dont stress too much.
                            Hopefully, It happens fast. Don’t forget to update if anything changes in your case. I will update to.

Comment

• Originally posted by josh26 View Post

Hey! I am waiting for my green card too to join the Arny! I still don't know how long it's gonna take
                              Yeah Man, Can’t wait. I am going to join Air National Guard. I was going to join Air Force through MAVNI Program in 2014 as a Full time without getting into this all mess, and i was eligible for that. But with new president that was first thing he change and stop the program. Now can’t join full time bcz i can’t see myself leaving the job i always wanted in my life, specially the struggle i did to be here. So, Going as a Weekend warrior but these shoulders going to have a uniform might be only for two days in a month. Can’t wait to have the any notice stating application is Approved. Taking ASVAB and that’s it.

Comment

• Originally posted by mekus21 View Post

Yayyy...I know that feeling! =D

Hahahaha....congrats man!

I still feel excited like my green card was approved yesterday!

Countdown to citizenship. Now is the time to travel the world (except COP of course lol)! =D =D Don't forget to get the Global Entry thing for easy in and out of airports when flying. Go conquer the world!
                                Thank you! I think they cancelled for NY residence Global Entry thing but for sure I will look into to it. I love this country but in terms of citizenship I want to try to pickup some skills/education that globally accepted that way if anything I can move away with my son Mekus

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X