Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mekus21 View Post
    My Case Was Approved

On May 18, 2018, we approved your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number SRC123456789. We will mail your approval notice. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

woohoo!

I am so excited.

Congrats, man.

Comment

• I485 Delay

Originally posted by Edyfrances View Post
      Since the processing times as today is showing September 02, 2016, I will wait until it gets to September 20. If I don't get any news until September 20, I will contact the congressman. Yes, to be waiting is terrible. I hope to get the GC over the mail. Do you think that will be an interview before the decision?
      Honestly, I don't think you need to wait. Contacting your congressman would definitely speed things up faster than you would.

I doubt you would be called for an interview, except if your case has certain issues that need to be addressed.

Comment

• No help from L2 officers

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks. Here's a tip from what I did: on Wednesday May 16, 2018 I gave USCIS a call and asked to be directed to a level-2 officer and got one on the phone. I told him I sent my RFE response since last month and it was received by USCIS on April 27 2018 and that I had not heard back since then so I just wanted to know if everything was ok with my case, he puts me on hold for about 3 to 5 minutes to contact the TSC (and the officer directly handling my case) and he gets back to me that everything was ok with my file and that the officer will decide on it very soon. Less than 48 hours later my case was approved. I do think that the call placed by the level 2 officer to the Texas Service Center sort of helped.

Woohoo! I'm so glad this phase is over! Counting down to N400 (Naturalization) =D =D

Goodluck with yours.

Hi Mekus31
        I called USCIS today and requested to transfer to level 2 officer. The representative does not sound willing to transfer my call to L2 officer.Finally she transfered my call, but I got a call back after 2 hours and told just to wait for decision. If they need anything else they will mail another RFE. Very cold vibe. ��
        Last edited by Pman; 05-21-2018, 04:51 PM.

Comment

• I485 Delay

Originally posted by Pman View Post
          - - - Updated - - -

Thanks. Here's a tip from what I did: on Wednesday May 16, 2018 I gave USCIS a call and asked to be directed to a level-2 officer and got one on the phone. I told him I sent my RFE response since last month and it was received by USCIS on April 27 2018 and that I had not heard back since then so I just wanted to know if everything was ok with my case, he puts me on hold for about 3 to 5 minutes to contact the TSC (and the officer directly handling my case) and he gets back to me that everything was ok with my file and that the officer will decide on it very soon. Less than 48 hours later my case was approved. I do think that the call placed by the level 2 officer to the Texas Service Center sort of helped.

Woohoo! I'm so glad this phase is over! Counting down to N400 (Naturalization) =D =D

Goodluck with yours.

Hi Mekus31
          I called USCIS today and requested to transfer to level 2 officer. The representative does not sound willing to transfer my call to L2 officer.Finally she transfered my call, but I got a call back after 2 hours and told just to wait for decision. If they need anything else they will mail another RFE. Very cold vibe. ��
          When I called the customer service rep didn't seem willing to transfer me also to an L2 officer but I insisted and she did. I did receive a call back after 2 hours. Did the L2 officer you spoke to place you on hold in order to contact the TSC?

Comment

• Customer service experience

Originally posted by mekus21 View Post
            When I called the customer service rep didn't seem willing to transfer me also to an L2 officer but I insisted and she did. I did receive a call back after 2 hours. Did the L2 officer you spoke to place you on hold in order to contact the TSC?
            Nope. She did not even bother to transfer to TSC. She told me she can not transfer to TSc. Really frustrating. She told me that I have to wait for decision or I can send letter to the officer who is handling my case.

Comment

• i485 Decision

Nope. She did not even bother to transfer to TSC. She told me she can not transfer to TSc. Really frustrating. She told me that I have to wait for decision or I can send letter to the officer who is handling my case.
              From my experience, sometimes the officers may not directly agree to your request but they may pull strings behind your back for you. For example, when my RFE was issued on Apr 10 2018 I expected it within 3 to 5 business days. By April 17 2018 it had not arrived, which I confirmed through USPS informed delivery. Although I was supposed to wait for up to 30 days for its arrival in the mail, I was impatient. So I called USCIS on April 18 2018 to ask that it be resent to me due to an emergency trip out of state that I had the following week to be away for a month so I needed to respond to the RFE before I traveled. The lady, although nice and sympathetic, said there was nothing she could do other than for me to wait till at least 15 days from April 10 (Apr 25) to request another RFE. However, 3 business days afTer the call to USCIS (April 23) I received the RFE in the mail and it was postmarked April 19 2018 as the mailing date - a day after I called. I had my medicals ready so I mailed the RFE back that same day and it was delivered on April 27. That is, even though the officer was not explicit about helping, she did pull some strings for me in the background after the call.

That is to say that your officer, although not explicit about it, may decide to pull some strings on your behalf if she is willing to. At this point all you can do is wait. You may try raising another service request while you wait.

Comment

• I485 Delay

Originally posted by Buchavka21
                Hi guys,
                As I told you before I went to see the Congresswoman Norton's office on May, 1st and today I e-mailed the representative if she got any response. Although she said It would take up to 6 weeks to get a response she received it on May 8 and even didnt bother to inform me. She answered today that she did send me the response but I'm sure she just forgot to do so. Just know that it takes maximum 10 business days for the response to be made not 4-6 weeks. Nevertheless, the response said what I already heard many times that my case is within normal processing times which is 14-21 months for TSC and all I can do is wait till I can make an inquiry on out of normal processing time. The representative also said that unfortunately at this point there was nothing else they could do. My question to you guys is WHAT response did you get from your Congressman inquiries? No one shared that info in more details here so far. On June 15th is gonna be 10 months of my waiting and thinking that I'll have to wait potentially another 11 months just to make an inquiry kills me In Nebraska they approve similar cases in 4-6 months top! Even my asylum case didnt take that long. Is there anything else I can do to somehow prompt my case? I haven't got any RFEs so far and I hope they update my case before my medicals expire in July.
                Congratulations to all you guys who have been recently approved. Yay! Buchavka21
                I received a generic response like yours as well when my congressman placed an inquiry on my behalf but I got an update on my case 2 weeks later. From my understanding, even though the office might not give a direct response to a congressman inquiry, they often always pull out your file from the queue to continue processing it. Do expect an action on your case in a few weeks.

It sucks that NSC takes only 4 to 6/7 months whereas TSC takes 14 to 21 months to process the same thing. They need to transfer some workload over to NSC. It sucks.

Comment

• Principle Asylee Interview

Hi Guys,

Did any one of you go for a green card interview as the principle asylee? I was asked for an interview as the principle asylee, which made me nervous. Your advices would be really appreciated!!

Comment

• I485 Delay

Originally posted by adenlee View Post
                    Hi Guys,

Did any one of you go for a green card interview as the principle asylee? I was asked for an interview as the principle asylee, which made me nervous. Your advices would be really appreciated!!
                    It is usually not required except if the officer deems it necessary to ask a few questions, possibly if there are issues with your biometrics. Have you been to the interview yet? What was it about?

Comment

• i485 Approved

Hey guys,

I want to share with you all the timeline of my asylum-based i485 approval. I am finally a permanent resident and I can't tell how much that makes me happy!!!!

March 17, 2016: Asylum approved
                      March 12, 2017: Sent out i485 package together with i131
                      March 16, 2017: Asylum application received at TSC/priority date
                      April 10, 2017: Biometrics done for i485
                      April 19, 2017: Biometrics done for i131 travel document
                      April 2017: Received notice that my i131 application was transferred to Nebraska Service Center (workload balance transfer)
                      June 22, 2017: i131 approved by NSC
                      June 26, 2017: i131 received in mailbox.

No update on my i485 case for nearly 1 year. Raised over 5 different service requests during this period, no useful response gotten.

March, 5 2018: Visited my congressman
                      March 6, 2018: Congressman places an inquiry to TSC over my i485 case. I also placed an inquiry myself on uscis.
                      March 22, 2018: TSC responds to congressman with a general response.
                      March 23, 2018: TSC responds to my online inquiry that my file had been moved to a storage unit since it was received and that they were going to pull it out to be assigned to an officer for review.
                      April 10, 2018: RFE issued regarding expired biodata page and medicals.
                      April 16, 2018: Medicals completed and picked up from the hospital while waiting for RFE to arrive.
                      April 23, 2018: RFE received and response mailed back the same day.
                      April 27, 2018: RFE response received at TSC Mesquite Tx
                      May 18, 2018: Green card approved!
                      May 25, 2018: Approval notice/letter received.
                      May 25, 2018: Green card received in the mailbox!

This is to encourage those of us still waiting, hang in there and be proactive on your part to get things moving on your case. For those waiting for some time, visiting your congressman is definitely helpful in moving your case forward. I wish I had approached my congressman earlier. Anywayz, Goodluck!!!
                      Last edited by mekus21; 05-25-2018, 06:11 PM.

Comment

Hey guys,

I want to share with you all the timeline of my asylum-based i485 approval. I am finally a permanent resident and I can't tell how much that makes me happy!!!!

April 2017: Received notice that my i131 application was transferred to Nebraska Service Center (workload balance transfer)

No update on my i485 case for nearly 1 year. Raised over 5 different service requests during this period, no useful response gotten.

March 6, 2018: Congressman places an inquiry to TSC over my i485 case. I also placed an inquiry myself on uscis.
                        March 23, 2018: TSC responds to my online inquiry that my file had been moved to a storage unit since it was received and that they were going to pull it out to be assigned to an officer for review.
                        April 16, 2018: Medicals completed and picked up from the hospital while waiting for RFE to arrive.

This is to encourage those of us still waiting, hang in there and be proactive on your part to get things moving on your case. For those waiting for some time, visiting your congressman is definitely helpful in moving your case forward. I wish I had approached my congressman earlier. Anywayz, Goodluck!!!
                        Congratulations!!!!

Comment

Hey guys,

congrats.
                          Got response from my congressman. He told me that since they only look at the case if they are out of normal processing time. His office emailed me saying that contact us after 4 months if you didn''t hear from USCIS.
                          I-485 pending: 358 days [applied June 6,2017]
                          uscis processing time as of today: Sept 10, 2016

Comment

• i485 Delay

Only my case status changed to RFE response was received on May 1st 2018. Nothing else. Anything on your case status?
                            Any luck yet?

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Clancy View Post
                            congrats.
                            Got response from my congressman. He told me that since they only look at the case if they are out of normal processing time. His office emailed me saying that contact us after 4 months if you didn''t hear from USCIS.
                            I-485 pending: 358 days [applied June 6,2017]
                            uscis processing time as of today: Sept 10, 2016
                            That sucks. I guess it depends on the congressman office. Some inquire right away regardless and some go by the book. You may try raising service requests periodically as you wait.

Comment

• My case got approved

[QUOTE=mekus21;568618]Any luck yet?

- - - Updated - - -

Finally, the wait is over. My case was approved yesterday but not for my husband. I am the main applicant and my husband is also included in my application. I hope his case status will also change soon.

Comment

• i485 Approval

[QUOTE=Pman;568671]
                                Originally posted by mekus21 View Post
                                Any luck yet?

- - - Updated - - -

Finally, the wait is over. My case was approved yesterday but not for my husband. I am the main applicant and my husband is also included in my application. I hope his case status will also change soon.
                                Congrats! Hopefully his will change soon!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X