Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [QUOTE=Buchavka21;576855]
    Originally posted by mekus21 View Post

I, of course, thought of it. But, the law requires me to change my DL if I have moved within 30 days, and they might request a Chicago ID at the fingerprint point. I'm not sure if my DC DL will be ok since knowing what kind of people work there you cannot predict anything. I try to understand if the risk is worth it. Plus, I'm still not sure and I cannot find affirmative info anywhere if a case has even been moved from one service center to another when a person changed the address. Like a legit info and not some rumors from a friends friend.
    You don't have to show them DL, You can use your Passport as a form of ID. I agree with mekus21 it's not sound like a good idea to change your address back-and-forth now, give them more time.
    Last edited by Katiusha; 08-08-2018, 02:08 PM.

Comment

• I-131 application

Originally posted by Buchavka21
      Hi guys, I just sent my i-131 to USCIS using my Chicago address. I'll update you how everything goes and if I get into any trouble with that (hope not).

For now read this interesting article sent to me by my friend yesterday.
      I'm assuming you did not include any payment for your i-131 application/renewal? The i-131 is free of charge, whether applying for the first time or renewing it, if at the time USCIS receives it your i485 is still pending. If you included a payment, you may want to use the USPS recall package feature to recall your package and resend it without the fee. Once your i797 is included, showing that your i485 is still pending, it will be accepted and processed. In this tough economy, $595 is quite some fortune. =D =D

Goodluck

Comment

• Nope, nothing has changed since I filed. Just "Fingerprint was received" that's all. I did inquiry myself to and was told that even if you moved to different address your service center remains the same. for eg filed in TX and moved to CA means your case will be pending in TX not CA. If service center need something, they will transfer to CA field office not service center.

As of today, dates are going backward. couple of days ago was August, 2016 now back to April 2016. I filed in June 2017. .

Share your good news if anyone recently got approved from June 2017.

[QUOTE=Buchavka21;576779]
        Originally posted by Katiusha View Post
        Hi there,
        Yes, I'm very intrested to know it too since I'm thinking of changing my address back since I need to apply for a RTD and I dont want to create all this mess with biometrics.

Comment

• Finally Approved

Below is my timeline:
          I filed on june of 2017 in TSC.
          Got rfe for medical on july 2018.
          Today - Status changed to card ordered - 2 weeks after TSC recieved my response.
          I did not contact any rep/senators.

Waiting for the card- desperately.

Comment

• Filed on june 2017:

Based on my time- You should be close-Although each case is unique.
            I filed on june 2017 and got rfe for medical in july 2018. Today, 2 weeks after sending response- status changed to card production ordered. Did not contact rep/senator.

Hopefully you will hear something soon.

[QUOTE=Clancy;576993]Nope, nothing has changed since I filed. Just "Fingerprint was received" that's all. I did inquiry myself to and was told that even if you moved to different address your service center remains the same. for eg filed in TX and moved to CA means your case will be pending in TX not CA. If service center need something, they will transfer to CA field office not service center.

As of today, dates are going backward. couple of days ago was August, 2016 now back to April 2016. I filed in June 2017. .

Share your good news if anyone recently got approved from June 2017.

Comment

• i485 Approval

Originally posted by Turf View Post
              Below is my timeline:
              I filed on june of 2017 in TSC.
              Got rfe for medical on july 2018.
              Today - Status changed to card ordered - 2 weeks after TSC recieved my response.
              I did not contact any rep/senators.

Waiting for the card- desperately.
              Congratulations. Overall, yours took roughly 14 months to be approved and received in the mail.

From the check case status page on uscis.gov, I noticed that some workload are being taken away from TSC, maybe to lessen their workload and increase productivity. Who knows.

Congrats once again.

Comment

• Originally posted by mekus21 View Post
                I'm assuming you did not include any payment for your i-131 application/renewal? The i-131 is free of charge, whether applying for the first time or renewing it, if at the time USCIS receives it your i485 is still pending. If you included a payment, you may want to use the USPS recall package feature to recall your package and resend it without the fee. Once your i797 is included, showing that your i485 is still pending, it will be accepted and processed. In this tough economy, $595 is quite some fortune. =D =D

Goodluck
                Guys, it such a case, when you filing I-131 for free with pending I-485, do you know what will happen if your Green Card will be approved earlier than Travel Document? Will they send you both documents, or you will get only GC and your I-131 will be denied, or they will ask you to pay form fee if you still want to receive your Travel Document?

Comment

• Congratulation man. Hopefully, mine will be soon. Finger crossed.

[QUOTE=Turf;577008]Based on my time- You should be close-Although each case is unique.
                  I filed on june 2017 and got rfe for medical in july 2018. Today, 2 weeks after sending response- status changed to card production ordered. Did not contact rep/senator.

Hopefully you will hear something soon.
                  Last edited by Clancy; 08-09-2018, 04:09 PM.

Comment

• i131 application

Originally posted by Katiusha View Post
                    Guys, it such a case, when you filing I-131 for free with pending I-485, do you know what will happen if your Green Card will be approved earlier than Travel Document? Will they send you both documents, or you will get only GC and your I-131 will be denied, or they will ask you to pay form fee if you still want to receive your Travel Document?
                    What counts is if your i485 was still pending as of the date the i131 was received by USCIS. If your i485 is approved the next day or week or month, it wouldn't affect your i131 processing and they would continue to process it.

Goodluck

- - - Updated - - -

Hi guys,
                    Today I received a notification via sms and e-mail saying the following: USCIS Message: We are still reviewing your case. We will notify you when your status changes. Update your notifications - https://my.uscis.gov/account/settings
                    Plus, I sent a e-mail to TSC asking what was going to be with my case if I'd changed the address for Chicago. And I got a response yesterday that was not generic like I had before. It said that my case had had to be investigated more and how was with the adjudicating officer and that I should get a decision or a rfe within the next 60 days.
                    So I hope I'll be approved soon. Did anybody receive messages/emails like that before?
                    Thanks and congratulations to the ones who have been recently approved! Yay!
                    That's finally a step forward in your case! Hopefully you should hear from them soon - most likely an RFE for medicals. Hang in there a lil longer.

Comment

• Originally posted by mekus21 View Post
                      What counts is if your i485 was still pending as of the date the i131 was received by USCIS. If your i485 is approved the next day or week or month, it wouldn't affect your i131 processing and they would continue to process it.

Goodluck
                      Thanks

Comment

• transfer to a local office

I'm new to the thread but reading people's experiences had been very helpful. I filed i-485 recently May/2018 to TSC. Didn't need to give bio-metrics since they have it on system already. Then a month ago its been transferred to a local USCIS office. I'm the principal applicant for asylum, does anybody know of any experience of the local offices?

Comment

• Originally posted by lidu View Post
                          I'm new to the thread but reading people's experiences had been very helpful. I filed i-485 recently May/2018 to TSC. Didn't need to give bio-metrics since they have it on system already. Then a month ago its been transferred to a local USCIS office. I'm the principal applicant for asylum, does anybody know of any experience of the local offices?
                          Hi Lidu, welcome to the thread!
                          Usually they are sending cases to the local USCIS offices to schedule an interview with applicants.

Comment

• i485 RFE

Hi guys,
                            My case status has changed this morning to Request for Initial Evidence has been sent. I presume it's for my expired medicals. I'm having my blood work done tomorrow and getting a new i-693 next Monday. How much time do they usually need to approve a case since they have received the medicals?
                            Congratulations! It would take about a week or two to get the RFE in the mail (hopefully it doesn't get lost as there is no tracking number for it). It will be sent to your Chicago address on file I suppose. Add another one week for the mailing and sorting of the RFE back to the officer in charge of your file.

It could take anywhere from a week to a month after the RFE is received for a final approval. Thus, in about 2 months from now you should have your green card in hand.

Comment

• additional review

Hello..

This is my time frame for based on the grant of asylum more than 1 year ago.

10/23/2017 - We received your case and waived the filing fee for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number LIN1234567890.

12/08/2017 - Fingerprint completed.

06/28/2018 - DHS USCIS account: "We received your case, You do not need to do anything at this time.. notice sent" (notice never received in the mail.)

07/25/2018 - Your inquiry about why your case is taking longer than our processing time, referral number T1S1234567890NSC, was completed.

"Your application is currently pending. We regret that we are not able to give you a specific timeframe for when a decision will be made on your case."

08/13/2018 - Senator's response: "According to USCIS records, your constituent?s permanent residency case has been referred to an additional review process which is currently active. The adjudication of your constituent?s application will be held in a suspended status until after this process is complete...."
                              My application was filled about 10 months and now it's been delayed about 2 months according Nebraska Service Center. Any idea how long it might take to complete the additional review?
                              Last edited by kDon; 08-15-2018, 10:34 AM.

Comment

• Received Email from USCIS Today

Hello, everyone Finally I found a thread for i-485 based asylee

Application submitted : 02/16/2018 on Texas Service Center
                                Biometrics notice: 03/02/2018 that They don't need any bio metrics and they will use my old biometrics that I used with my old case

Today 8/15/2018 I received an email says that they are still reviewing my case and they last took action on my case in July 18/ 2018 but when I checked my online tool I did not find any action took from March 02 2018.

Is this a generic message or no?

In my opinion, It's not because it gives a date that might something happened on it, I hope they are taking a step forward on my case in next days.

Guys keep up posting so we can be on track if anybody got decision or something

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X