Asylum Based i-485

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Kastolife,

please what does the statement real means?
    Fingerprint Review Was Completed".

Thank you and congratulations on your new card.

Comment

• Hey everyone! Any updates on March April May 2018 fillers?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mentorindy View Post
        Hi Kastolife,

please what does the statement real means?
        Fingerprint Review Was Completed".

Thank you and congratulations on your new card.
        That status appeared the next day I did biometrics. As far as I know (I might not be 100% correct), these 3 checks happen:
        a) IBIS Name check b) FBI Name Check c) FBI fingerprint Check

So this status of "Fingerprint Review was completed" means (c) is completed as FBI usually forward fingerprint report in 24-48 hours.

(b) takes around 2 weeks time to complete (however your status won't change) and the longest that takes is IBIS Name Check ----- that's the culprit because of which everyone is waiting too long.

To those who are wondering what IBIS Name check is:
        "The Interagency Border Inspection System (IBIS) Name Check— IBIS is a multi-agency effort with a central system that combines information from multiple agencies, databases and system interfaces to compile data relating to national security risks, public safety issues and other law enforcement concerns."

Comment

• Hey guys! I recently sent my Asylum based I-485. They received it on September 9th and today when I check my case status online this is what it says:
          "Fingerprint Review Was Completed

As of September 17, 2019, we completed our review of your fingerprints and are working on your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number **** **** **, at our Texas Service Center location. We will let you know if we make a decision or need anything from you. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address."

I haven't got any notice in the mail for a biometrics appointment. I was told that maybe they would use my fingerprints from last year when I applied for asylum. So, does this mean they are not going to have me get my fingerprints taken?

Has anyone experienced something like this?

Thank you all in advance for your responses!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sabinan View Post
            Hey everyone! Any updates on March April May 2018 fillers?
            No.. still waiting. I guess we need to go to Congressman...

Comment

• Filed i-485 in April 2019 card being processed today 09/17/2019.

Comment

• Originally posted by Culcapc View Post
                Filed i-485 in April 2019 card being processed today 09/17/2019.
                Congratulations man!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by kastolife View Post

That status appeared the next day I did biometrics. As far as I know (I might not be 100% correct), these 3 checks happen:
                  a) IBIS Name check b) FBI Name Check c) FBI fingerprint Check

So this status of "Fingerprint Review was completed" means (c) is completed as FBI usually forward fingerprint report in 24-48 hours.

(b) takes around 2 weeks time to complete (however your status won't change) and the longest that takes is IBIS Name Check ----- that's the culprit because of which everyone is waiting too long.

To those who are wondering what IBIS Name check is:
                  "The Interagency Border Inspection System (IBIS) Name Check— IBIS is a multi-agency effort with a central system that combines information from multiple agencies, databases and system interfaces to compile data relating to national security risks, public safety issues and other law enforcement concerns."
                  Thank you so much Kastolife. Apparently
                  ​​​​​ there is no changes to my (asylum) case itself and now I know it may not be anything serious. My asylum status still reads: 'decision is pending' more than a year after the interview. I guess I'm going to have to wait a little longer.

Comment

Filed i-485 in April 2019 card being processed today 09/17/2019.
                    congrats ..... yours and mine were applied in April 2019 ...... that means we are probably done with April applicant decision // ............next lot of approval will appear for May applicant around Sep 30 i guess. Good luck to all of you who applied in May 2019.

Note: I am tracking only Nebraska center for above conclusions.

Comment

• Hey guys. I want to post my timeline for my pending I-485 based on Asylum grant.
                      May 28, 2019, Submitted I-485, Accepted by Nebraska Office
                      June 21, 2019, Notice of Biometrics Status
                      July 8, 2019, Fingerprint done
                      July 8, 2019, to September 17, Fingerprint Fee Received Status
                      September 18, 2018, New Card Being Produce!!

Good Luck Everyone who still waiting for it! My status skipped from Fingerprint fee received to New Card being produced!
                      Total timeline is less than 4 months!

Comment

I applied in April 2019, today is Sept 16, no decision yet.
                        I applied end of May 2019, today new card is being produced!

Comment

• Has anyone received reply from Texas service center. If yes please tell when did you applied?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobby69 View Post
                            Has anyone received reply from Texas service center. If yes please tell when did you applied?
                            No sir. Once again, I applied in March 2018, In July 2018, My case was transferred to the Texas Service Center for faster processing. I have been waiting since then, no reply. I have have reach out to the ombudsman and the congressman, and I have not received any updates yet. The letter they sent me in July 2018 is a letter of deception because I am still waiting. If anyone has any updates from Texas Service Center, You are welcome to provide same here. Thanks guys!

Comment

• Originally posted by luckycharm4111 View Post

Congratulations man!!!!
                              Thanks but i am not thrilled. I waited for 18 years. So, I thought they would grant me citizenship right away.

Comment

Thanks but i am not thrilled. I waited for 18 years. So, I thought they would grant me citizenship right away.
                                Wow .... 18 years .. it took me 8 years altogether ... I am happy for you.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X