No announcement yet.

Asylum Based i-485

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guys, just a quick question. When you received your I-765, Employment Authorization Document, which category did you get? (a)(5) asylum approved, or (c)(9), I-485 pending?
    Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by Zidane View Post
      Guys, just a quick question. When you received your I-765, Employment Authorization Document, which category did you get? (a)(5) asylum approved, or (c)(9), I-485 pending?
      Thanks
      I have mine with (a)(5) category.
      I think it also depends on what you have written on application form while filling.

Comment

• Originally posted by RAMSTER0910 View Post
        Hey guys!

This is my timeline again. my case is processed in TSC

February 2018 applied for Asylum.
        March 2018 Asylum approved.
        May 2019 applied for i485
        February 2020 Biometrics
        Nov 18 received RFE.

Still working on my RFE. Should send a response this week.

Good luck y'all!

Wow congrats! At least some movement!!

Comment

• Originally posted by RAMSTER0910 View Post
          Hey guys!

This is my timeline again. my case is processed in TSC

February 2018 applied for Asylum.
          March 2018 Asylum approved.
          May 2019 applied for i485
          February 2020 Biometrics
          Nov 18 received RFE.

Still working on my RFE. Should send a response this week.

Good luck y'all!
          Hey, CONGRATULATIONS!!! What is RFE about? Medical?

Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by Zidane View Post
            Guys, just a quick question. When you received your I-765, Employment Authorization Document, which category did you get? (a)(5) asylum approved, or (c)(9), I-485 pending?
            Thanks
            I think it will be (a)(5) category.

I mistakenly put to (c)(9) category but they have corrected and issued a5 category EAD

Comment

• Did anyone have the Refugee Travel Document approved recently?
              Last edited by luiz123456; 11-24-2020, 01:37 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by samiiia View Post

Hey there,

You wouldn't need to send *every* paystub with your application -- just send enough to prove that you've been here. Send a copy of your I-94, printed from the CBP website. That will show whether or not you've left the U.S. That is a great piece of evidence to put, more than most other things. No need to put excessive evidence, just enough to show that you've been here --

Hope this helps!
                Yes, it does!! Thank you very very much!!

Comment

• Question to those who are getting these I485 RFE
                  1. What are these RFE mostly about?
                  2. Do you get the RFE Update on the Case Tracker app or you get the straight letter?

I did experience in past with other application that case tracker app had no update but got my EAD in Mail.

Comment

• Hello, guys!!

I'll be applying for my Green Card, based on Asylum, in the next couple of weeks.
                    I have several questions about the process, Im doing the application myself because I can't afford a lawyer, because of Covid. I would really appreciated if you can help me.
                    • I could apply for GC, after November 7, 2020; but, ill be sending my application the first week of December. Is it bad if I wait a little, or the sooner the better
                    • For the Work permit and Travel document, should I just add the forms to the GC application package?
                    • Should I add any other condiment besides de ones that are required by Isis? Bank statements?
                    • Is it too risky to do it myself?
                    Thank you sooo much, in advance!
                    HAve a great day!

Comment

• Originally posted by xtovar View Post
                      Hello, guys!!

I'll be applying for my Green Card, based on Asylum, in the next couple of weeks.
                      I have several questions about the process, Im doing the application myself because I can't afford a lawyer, because of Covid. I would really appreciated if you can help me.
                      • I could apply for GC, after November 7, 2020; but, ill be sending my application the first week of December. Is it bad if I wait a little, or the sooner the better
                      • For the Work permit and Travel document, should I just add the forms to the GC application package?
                      • Should I add any other condiment besides de ones that are required by Isis? Bank statements?
                      Thank you sooo much, in advance!
                      HAve a great day!
                      Hello Xtovar,
                      Here are the answers for your question
                      No, there is nothing wrong or bad if you are little over the date. With my experience, I only advice that if you are filling your GC at Texas Service Center then you can't waste a single day because they are very very very slow and every day counts towards months of delay in processing the application.

The new Biden administration will be taking over in Jan 2021 and see if there will be any improvements (speeding up) in processing the GC cases. It won't be right away but will take minimum 6 months for them to get on track and speed up the process if they want.

If you are filling in Nebraska Service Center then you should be good because they are very fast in processing the GC cases

As you know the current processing times I have seen at TSC is between 2 years - 4 yrs (My Estimations by seeing the people in this blog)
                      We never say NO to the free stuff right lol

When we are getting EAD and Travel Document for the price of GC Fees. Its always better to apply and keep it as we don't know how long it will take to get the GC.
                      I don't think it is needed. The only documents would be your paystubs, bills of your last two months etc.
                      It is always a safe bet to have a legal counsel on our side if you can afford it.

Comment

• April-June (3rd Quarter) performance by USCIS for Asylum GC application.

Which shows how Nebraska Service Center are working so hard and processing the application so fast

But Texas Service Center are just doing nothing.

I hope god help us all whoever applied at Texas Service Center
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by luckycharm4111; 11-25-2020, 03:37 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by luckycharm4111 View Post
                          April-June (3rd Quarter) performance by USCIS for Asylum GC application.

Which shows how Nebraska Service Center are working so hard and processing the application so fast

Hi,
                          For another form published on Nov 16, it seems only average 5000 asylees case for 2nd and 3rd Quarter FY2020.

These reports provide data on various aspects of USCIS operations. In addition, certain tables list the USCIS office responsible for the adjudication.You can find additional data by vis

NSC approved more Refugee cases than Asylee cases.

Comment

• A friend of mine called me today and said that his relative got her GC from TSC today together with her kids.
                            Processing time was only 18 months...

Comment

April-June (3rd Quarter) performance by USCIS for Asylum GC application.

Some cases will be transfers from TSC to Nebraska soon- that what I feel

Comment

Hello Xtovar,
                                Here are the answers for your question
                                No, there is nothing wrong or bad if you are little over the date. With my experience, I only advice that if you are filling your GC at Texas Service Center then you can't waste a single day because they are very very very slow and every day counts towards months of delay in processing the application.

The new Biden administration will be taking over in Jan 2021 and see if there will be any improvements (speeding up) in processing the GC cases. It won't be right away but will take minimum 6 months for them to get on track and speed up the process if they want.

If you are filling in Nebraska Service Center then you should be good because they are very fast in processing the GC cases

As you know the current processing times I have seen at TSC is between 2 years - 4 yrs (My Estimations by seeing the people in this blog)
                                We never say NO to the free stuff right lol

When we are getting EAD and Travel Document for the price of GC Fees. Its always better to apply and keep it as we don't know how long it will take to get the GC.
                                I don't think it is needed. The only documents would be your paystubs, bills of your last two months etc.
                                It is always a safe bet to have a legal counsel on our side if you can afford it.
                                Thank you too much for your help!! I really, really appreciated!!!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X