When submitting the photograph for OCI card application, please keep the following things in mind:
- The photograph should be in color and its size should be 2 inch x 2 inch (51 mm x 51 mm).
- The photo-print should be clear and with a continuous-tone quality.
- It should have full face, front view, eyes open.
- Photo should present full head from top of hair to bottom of chin.
- Center head within frame.
- The background should be a plain white background.
- There should not be any distracting shadows on the face or on the background.
- Head coverings are not permitted except for religious reasons, but the facial features from bottom of chin to top of forehead and both edges of the face must be clearly shown.
- The expression on the face should look natural.
- Photographs should be without a border.
- Photograph should not be stapled and should not have any signature on the photo.
- Don’t wear a white/light colored shirt as it blends with the light background.
- You must wear a color attire. The attire must not be patterned, textured or pure white.
- Light reflection from hair should not be visible. Hair must not obscrue the face.
- All photographs should be similar and with front view. Do not send assorted photographs.
- If face is yellowish or reddish, the photo will be rejected by the printer at New Delhi.
- There must be no scratches on the phootograph.
- Photo must not have any red eyes or lines.
- Make sure that you are the only person in the photograph. There must be no other people or objects in the photo.
- If you wear prescription glassed, they must be clear and thin framed and should not have flash reflection or obscure the eyes.
- Photograph must be professional grade. A photo printed from home from personal printer will be rejected.
Make sure that photo presents full head from top of hair to bottom of chin; height of head should measure 1 inch to 1-3/8 inches (25 mm to 35 mm). Make sure eye height is between 1-1/8 inches to 1-3.
Many applications are pending because of poor photographs. Polaroid photographs, poor quality photographs and photographs taken in uniform or with dark glasses will be rejected. Home printed digital photographs, black and white photos, photographs with dark backgrounds, photographs in uniform, undersized/oversized photographs, or photographs showing a side view are not acceptable. Applications containing such photographs will be sent back at the applicant’s cost.
Visitors InsuranceGet Quotes
For visitors, travel, student and other international travel medical insurance.Visit insubuy.com or call 1 (866) INSUBUY or +1 (972) 985-4400
Visitors Insurance OverviewRead Article
As your photograph is scanned and printed on the card and/or visa, it should be of high quality for reproduction and conform to International Civil Aviation Organization specifications
Please note that if the photograph does not meet the specifications mentioned here, in case of OCI application, the online printing machine at New Delhi may reject the photo. As no person is rejecting the photos, the Consulate does not accept any arguments over this. Instead, you must provide good quality photos.
If your photo does not meet the above specifications, the application will remain on hold for a maximum of 21 calendar days, until you sent a new acceptable photo. You will receive an email requesting new photographs, if necessary.
Sample photographs and instructions
Sample actual photos – accepted and rejected
Instructions on getting the photographs
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?