Proof of Address for NRI Paperwork – OCI Application, Renunciation Certificate, Indian Passport

You must submit a proof of residence/address that exactly matches the present address on your application.

You may submit one of the following.

  • State-issued driver’s license. Must be valid for at least 6 months in the future. Do not cut your driver’s license photocopy down to a smaller size, but leave the copy on regular-sized paper.
  • State issued ID.
  • Utility bill – Water or Electricity or Gas. Must not be more than 3 months old.
  • Valid lease signed by the landlord and tenant. The lease must be at least for a one-year duration. A monthly lease document is not allowed.
  • Morgage statement
  • Tax return
  • For College/University students that live on campus in university housing or dormitory, submit a letter from your institution on their letterhead specifying the exact address where you currently reside.

Cell phone bills, credit card statements, bank statements or lease agreements are not accepted. The address cannot include a P.O. Box.

For minors, a notarized proof of address from any one parent or a legal guardian may be submitted instead.

If the address proof is in spouse’s name, copy of marriage certirficate.

If you are active duty military stationed overseas, you should send a copy of your military identification card.

Proof should be a color copy and should be notarized.

How useful was this post?

Click on a star to rate it!

We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!

Let us improve this post!

Tell us how we can improve this post?


For visitors, travel, student and other international travel medical insurance.

Visit or call +1 (866) INSUBUY or +1 (972) 985-4400