Childbirth in USA
If you are pregnant and going to deliver the baby in USA, you must be busy with doctors' visits, hospitals, shopping for baby etc. But it is very important to keep in mind the documents you need to get. You would need to get following documents for your new born baby.

Birth Certificate
Social Security Card
US Passport
PIO Card or OCI or India Visa
Compare PIO Card vs OCI

Any baby born in USA is U.S. citizen by default. Persons of Indian origin should note that as India does not allow dual citizenship (OCI is not dual citizenship), they would need to decide whether they would like their child to get Indian passport or U.S. passport.

Also, don't forget to add your newborn child's name into your health insurance as soon as possible. Otherwise, your baby's claims may be declined when submitted by pediatrician. You usually have 30 days to enroll your newborn baby into your employer's health insurance, but it may vary by state or by employer. Check with your employer or medical insurance company to make sure the deadline.

You can also search thousands of Baby Names right here on this website.