While filing for my OPT(I-765) I missed the step where I had to receive OPT I-20 from college, and instead, I applied with program completion I-20 which was given to me along with my I-765 form.
I sent my packet with all the documents except I did not have OPT I-20. I did not know about this mistake until I got my OPT denial letter, which was exactly a day before my 60 days grace period after the program end date. Now my college refuses to apply for a new I-20 as my SEVIS status is now in completed status and they are not ready to provide me with a letter of support to file reinstatement.
Has anyone else faced a similar issue or can someone please help me through this?
Phd visa stamping from india, after completing their masters in USA
I have completed my masters in Manufacturing engineering from CSU, in 2014-2015, I have worked in my opt from 2015-2018, then I have enrolled in Cumberland and have worked for 1 year from 2018 to 2019, in 2019 I came back to India, now I am trying to apply for a Ph.D. what do you think my chances of getting a visa at visa consulate
Well, my wife’s F4 visa application was filed a few years ago by her sister (a US citizen). In a couple of years, her ‘priority date’ will be ‘current’.
Spouse is keen to study from US now. Sharing prevailing general perception that in such case when an F4 visa beneficiary attempt to enter in the US either on a visit or F1 visa the local embassy resist sanctioning the visa request. Embassy believes that the F4 beneficiary might not return to his/her motherland. This caveat (that US embassy will reject her study visa due to the above-mentioned scenario) concerns us the most.
Eager to know whether this is true that she can’t enter US before USCIS release her F4 visa or otherwise?
Additional Query: As her dependent of this F4 beneficiary, can I apply for education in US on F1 visa pls? Will this be a wise decision to apply for spouse an F2 visa (assuming that she can’t get F1 visa on her own).
I am sharing my visa experience with you here. Could you help me what is the better visa to apply in my case.
My husband is in USA with Day1 CPT. I applied for F2 thrice and got rejected with 214(b). I am planning to apply for F1 for fall 2020 intake.
What are the chances of getting my F1 visa approved this time? Kindly suggest.
Currently I am F1 OPT and about to apply for STEM OPT extension.
My wife doesn't live with me in US as of now. I wanted to bring my wife to USA so I got a F2 i20 for her from my college. However, she hasn't scheduled the visa interview appointment yet. And she is still not in US with me.
Now that I am about to send my documents for STEM OPT extension, should I send a copy of F2 i20 in the bundle of documents?
Hello, I am currently 19 years old under an L2 Visa. I have filed for I485 by October of this year, however my visa expires April of 2021 and my I94 on April of 2022. I will be going to college and have a few questions regarding this:
1) If my parents have to abandon an I485 petition due to moving to another country, can I request a change of status to F1 Visa? Would I be likely to have it accepted?
2) If an I140 or I485 was denied, could I change status from L2 Visa to F1 Visa since I will already have completed almost 2 years of college?
3) What would happen if my I485 was denied after my I94 Expiry in April of 2022 and I was in college? Is there a way to remain for 1 more month, simply to complete 2 years of college, and then go to my country and request to change to an F1 Visa simply to at least finish college?
L1B TO F1 COS FEASIBILITY WITH SHORT TIME LEFT FOR EXPIRY
I am currently on L1B with validity until 15-Sep-2020 only. My employer will file an L1B extension but I am looking to enroll to an MS (Masters) degree from the coming summer session from a university who is providing day 1 CPT option. Below are my queries for this COS.
1. Can I initiate both L1B extension and L1B to F1 COS parallelly, will the approval granted at later date will be only considered?
2. Does L1B to F1 COS take a good time or it approves immediately as per the college session start date?
3. Does working on CPT/OPT count in maximum work eligibility of 6 years if I get H1B to let's say next year? I already have stayed on L1B for almost 3.5 years now.
4. Are there any complications to move to F1 considering my situation being on L1B and with a very short time left before expiry? My wife is on H1B (However No I140) and I do have an option to continue with current employer how long I can and then later move to H4 and then join college.
Would appreciate if you could provide some guidance/suggestion on my situation. Since my wife is here, so my only target is to be here in the US with her and also trying to just find an option to continue working being here with her.
Please i will need you help on this topic as do most of other people on stem opt.
i am currently on STEM OPT and i have an urgent matter in my home country. i filled out the application for Calgary but could only get interview appointment for Ottawa on a tuesday.
i have 3 questions i need answers with.
1. which is a better consulate Calgary or Ottawa?
2. do you think going for an interview in ottawa for F1 renewal i will get the passport stamped by Friday is appointment is Tuesday morning ?
3. will i have issues with filling out a calgary application and booking an ottawa location because i called the calgary embassy and they said its ok but on the AIS site it says the embassy must match?
Please if you have any answers to my question i will appreciate an answer. Bless you.
I had applied for my F1 visa renewal as my F1 was expiring in June 2020 and I have valid Stem OPT until October 2021. I thought it would be a straight forward thing and took leave from work and applied for an interview at Chennai consulate. Some background, I have Masters is Aerospace Engineering and am working as a researcher at a company in Santa Clara. I had got 221 g when I had first applied for my Masters.
Got 221 g as soon as I informed that I am working as a researcher. Asked me to send a bunch of documents such as travel dates, resume, letter from the company, kind of research, list of paper publications, funding organization. Submitted all the document on Jan 24,2020. Thought it would take a couple of weeks but got approved after 6 weeks on March 6, 2020. All the best to everyone waiting for approval!
Interview date: Jan 22, 2020
Documents submitted: Jan 24, 2020
Approved: March 06, 2020
Disclaimer: Please note that the experiences presented are submitted by visitors to our website. Individuals’ experiences may vary, and you should interpret each individual’s experience at your own risk. Do not make a decision solely based on an experience posted here. We do not endorse any individuals’ experiences, and we are not liable or responsible for consequences stemming from your use of the information presented within any individual’s experience.