Asylum Based i-485

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dolcevita View Post

Oh really??? My lawyer said I do need AP... I will try to find some info online, I never read anything like that.
    Yes, your lawyer is dumb. Check i485 form instructions. It’s explicitly says that refugees and asylees don’t require AP during AOS.

Comment

• Originally posted by chiccat View Post

This’s normal. I’m a principal and my wife’s gc was approved on Monday. Mine is not approved yet.
      Oh my....getting nervous cause WA exporting soon,do not want to pay for a new one.
      Could you please keep me updated on your situation? Feeling hopeful though

Comment

Yes, your lawyer is dumb. Check i485 form instructions. It’s explicitly says that refugees and asylees don’t require AP during AOS.
        There are several U.S. attorney's telling their asylee clients that they are able to travel but they will need both a AP and a U.S. Refugee Travel Document. Honestly, I did apply for the AP, and it was granted, but ofcourse per the I-485 Form Instruction under section 209, It is not required. Therefore to travel, all is needed is a valid U.S. Refugee Travel Document (Form I-571). Believe it or not, sometimes we know more than our actual attorney's.

Comment

Oh my god!! Thank you chiccat & Asylee expert!! If it wasn't for you saying it I would be sitting and waiting for stupid AP and I would have to cancel my trip! My lawyer ended up confirming that it was her bad.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sabinan View Post

Same timeline as you !!!! Really cool to find someone with same exact date and NOT cool is to wait for such a long time . But you’re right let’s live life and support each other.
            Count me in. But I applied in August 2018 and case was transferred from Nebraska to Texas in February 2019, so seems like I should not expect anything at least for the next year.

Did you guys try to call/contact them? On the phone they keep saying that there is no update, and infopass is not allowed anymore (at least for New Jersey).

Comment

• Hi! If your husband/wife still waiting for the GC, but you already got one(or opposite situation), please let me know. I want to feel that it's normal and we're not alone. Just curious about the time-differences. Please keep me updated.

Comment

• Hello everybody, After waiting for more than 2 years yesterday evening i received letter from my local office stated that your interview is scheduled. It was pre printed letter as in my local office there's no option for asylum based only family based, so letter is in same matter asked for so many things including medical but i never received any separate RFE .. can anyone help me out do i need another medical as its more than 2 years and also please share any one had faced interview and what they gonna ask in it..?
                thanks alot

Comment

• Originally posted by chaddhaaman View Post
                  Hello everybody, After waiting for more than 2 years yesterday evening i received letter from my local office stated that your interview is scheduled. It was pre printed letter as in my local office there's no option for asylum based only family based, so letter is in same matter asked for so many things including medical but i never received any separate RFE .. can anyone help me out do i need another medical as its more than 2 years and also please share any one had faced interview and what they gonna ask in it..?
                  thanks alot
                  "... as in my local office there's no option for asylum based only family based..." can you, please, explain what does it mean? Can you briefly tell us your timelines and way how you applied for the I-485 (asylum based, marriage, family reunion etc.)?

I would say if it's older than 2 years, it means that your medical exam is not valid anymore and you need a new one, definitely you can't use the old one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex89 View Post
                    Hi! If your husband/wife still waiting for the GC, but you already got one(or opposite situation), please let me know. I want to feel that it's normal and we're not alone. Just curious about the time-differences. Please keep me updated.
                    Hi!
                    Mine came 1 month after my wife’s. I am the primary applicant and my wife is derivative.

Comment

• Originally posted by chaddhaaman View Post
                      Hello everybody, After waiting for more than 2 years yesterday evening i received letter from my local office stated that your interview is scheduled. It was pre printed letter as in my local office there's no option for asylum based only family based, so letter is in same matter asked for so many things including medical but i never received any separate RFE .. can anyone help me out do i need another medical as its more than 2 years and also please share any one had faced interview and what they gonna ask in it..?
                      thanks alot
                      Yes, you’ll have to pass the medical again.
                      Also, read this document. Most likely they want to determine if you’re still qualify for asylum status.
                      A. Record of Proceedings Review and Underlying Basis The officer should place all documents in the file according to the established record of proceedings (ROP

good luck

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex89 View Post
                        Hi! If your husband/wife still waiting for the GC, but you already got one(or opposite situation), please let me know. I want to feel that it's normal and we're not alone. Just curious about the time-differences. Please keep me updated.
                        We applied for GC on Aug 1, 2017 and my wife and son received their GC in Nov 2017 and i am still waiting its more than 2 years of waiting i am the main applicant.

Comment

• Originally posted by gunmeikaz View Post

"... as in my local office there's no option for asylum based only family based..." can you, please, explain what does it mean? Can you briefly tell us your timelines and way how you applied for the I-485 (asylum based, marriage, family reunion etc.)?

I would say if it's older than 2 years, it means that your medical exam is not valid anymore and you need a new one, definitely you can't use the old one.
                          Aslyum approved 07/18/2016
                          i-485 Filed on 08/01/2017 asylum based
                          Wife & Son's GC received on 11/13/2017
                          File Transfer from Nebraska to NBC, MO on 03/06/2019
                          No RFE asked
                          08/05/2019 received letter for Interview in local office
                          Letter stated dont bring the things which you already submitted with your file

Comment

Yes, you’ll have to pass the medical again.
                            Also, read this document. Most likely they want to determine if you’re still qualify for asylum status.
                            A. Record of Proceedings Review and Underlying Basis The officer should place all documents in the file according to the established record of proceedings (ROP

good luck
                            My asylum was approved back in July,2016 by IJ in court i have court orders and also my wife and son got their GC in 2 months now he is in US army and getting naturalizing soon.
                            but they never asked to bring new medical or any RFE.

Comment

My wife’s timeline in NSC
                              03/06/19 - packet sent
                              03/11/19 - fee accepted
                              04/04/19 - fingerprints taken
                              04/11/19 - fingerprints reviewed
                              07/30/19 - new card is ordered.

Mine is still pending, I’m a principal applicant.

Good luck everyone!
                              My green card got approved today!

My timeline in NSC:
                              03/06/19 - packet sent
                              03/11/19 - fee accepted
                              04/04/19 - fingerprints taken
                              04/11/19 - fingerprints reviewed
                              08/13/19 - new card is ordered

Good luck everyone!

Comment

• Originally posted by blahvah

YAY, Congrat! What's the feeling like?lol
                                thank you for updating after approval. it' means a lot for people waiting their approvals.
                                I’d call it the freedom!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X