No announcement yet.

Asylum Based i-485

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congratulations! An interview wasn’t required? Amazing! Anyone know the basis for an interview to be required?

Comment

• Originally posted by badbunny View Post
      Congratulations! An interview wasn’t required? Amazing! Anyone know the basis for an interview to be required?
      No, they didn’t ask me to come.
      Here’s the interview criteria - https://www.uscis.gov/policy-manual/...rt-m-chapter-5

Comment

• New Card Is Being Produced

On August 13, 2019, we ordered your new card for Receipt Number LIN1990 YYYY XX, and will mail it to the address you gave us. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschangeto give us your new mailing address.

What does this mean? Does this mean my Green Card has been approved? How long usually before I get my card in hand?

Comment

• Originally posted by chiccat View Post

No, they didn’t ask me to come.
          Here’s the interview criteria - https://www.uscis.gov/policy-manual/...rt-m-chapter-5
          Thank you! That was very very helpful.

I did my I-730 early this year inside the US, was approved. This whole time I wondered if I was gonna require another interview. They even asked my questions they normally ask during an AOS interview. I really hope I don’t get asked to come again for another interview when I submit my AOS.

Comment

• Originally posted by boeing767 View Post
            New Card Is Being Produced

On August 13, 2019, we ordered your new card for Receipt Number LIN1990 YYYY XX, and will mail it to the address you gave us. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschangeto give us your new mailing address.

What does this mean? Does this mean my Green Card has been approved? How long usually before I get my card in hand?
            Yes, 1 week.

Comment

Yes, 1 week.
              Cool, thanks.

For anyone who's curious, here is my timeline so far:

1/25/18 Asylum approved
              2/8/19 Priority Date I-485
              2/14/19 Check cashed
              3/9/19 Biometric notification
              3/19/19 Biometric appointment
              8/13/19 Card produced
              8/15/19 Card mailed
              8/16/19 Card picked up by USPS with tracking #

I'm applying from Los Angeles, Nebraska Service Center.
              Last edited by boeing767; 08-16-2019, 05:17 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by boeing767 View Post

Cool, thanks.

For anyone who's curious, here is my timeline so far:

1/25/18 Asylum approved
                2/8/19 Priority Date I-485
                2/14/19 Check cashed
                3/9/19 Biometric notification
                3/19/19 Biometric appointment
                8/13/19 Card produced

I'm applying from Los Angeles, Nebraska Service Center.

Where are you from? If you don’t mind me asking.

Comment

• Originally posted by badbunny View Post

Where are you from? If you don’t mind me asking.
                  Malaysia

Comment

• What Texas office doing ?
                    It is so different timeline.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hatori1980 View Post
                      What Texas office doing ?
                      It is so different timeline.
                      My friend applied TSC last year, from NYC, and his status is still "biometrics taken." So be patient, but you're right I think TSC is slower.

Comment

• Case Transferred And New Office Has Jurisdiction

On August 15, 2019, your Form I-131, Application for Travel Document, Receipt Number YYYY YYYY YYYY , was transferred to another USCIS office. That office now has jurisdiction over your case. We sent you a notice that explains why we moved your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice.

I applied I485 and I131 both at same time In beginning of May and I just got update for I131 and it says like that. What is that mean, didn't get clear? Also I485 still at "Finger fee accepted" there is no update.

Comment

• USPS messed up something with my green card and the status changed to Adressee unknown . Do I have to wait again 6 months to get my green card? USPS sent it back to USCIS.
                          Thanks
                          Last edited by chiccat; 08-17-2019, 11:59 AM.

Comment

USPS messed up something with my green card and the status changed to Adressee unknown . Do I have to wait again 6 months to get my green card? USPS sent it back to USCIS.
                            Thanks
                            Really! Is the address where you currently live? And always post your name in mailbox - that makes sure USPS delivers!

Comment

• Originally posted by kastolife View Post

Really! Is the address where you currently live? And always post your name in mailbox - that makes sure USPS delivers!
                              Yes and I received all mail from USCIS without any problems so far.
                              interesting the mail was market as undeliverable at the regional facility in CA which doesn’t make any sense. My post office has never received the package.

Comment

Yes and I received all mail from USCIS without any problems so far.
                                interesting the mail was market as undeliverable at the regional facility in CA which doesn’t make any sense. My post office has never received the package.
                                Wow. My card just arrived this morning at the Los Angeles International Distribution Center, hope they don't mess it up.

What did they say exactly in the USPS tracking page?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X