Asylum Based i-485

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Loveusa99 View Post
    Does anyone here knows how long get approved i730 at TSC if beneficiary in United States?

thank you
    I submitted my I-730 January 2019, interviewed May 1st 2019, approval letter May 4th. Nebraska Center though.

Comment

• Originally posted by badbunny View Post

I submitted my I-730 January 2019, interviewed May 1st 2019, approval letter May 4th. Nebraska Center though.
      Lucky you!!!
      As Nebraska Center is faster than the TSC all the time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pman View Post
        Follow up

Hello, Have anyone from this thread received the decision? As mine is going to be almost 1 year that I485 is pended, I am really worried.
        I did get pretty lucky! I was also asked a lot of questions that officers usually ask during adjustment of status interviews, according to what my lawyer said. I wonder if anyone else experienced this while having an interview here in the US.

Comment

• Has any asylee gc-pending applicant been approved recently at Nebraska Service Center?

Comment

• We are still waiting (((( March 2018 submitted to Nebraska, July 2018 transferred to Texas. And nothing since then ! Any suggestions!
            I 485 application (asylum based)

Comment

• Originally posted by Sabinan View Post
              We are still waiting (((( March 2018 submitted to Nebraska, July 2018 transferred to Texas. And nothing since then ! Any suggestions!
              I 485 application (asylum based)
              Once again, It is obvious you are not reading the thread. I had the same timeline as you and my case has since approved. I contacted my congressman and also the U.S. Ombudsman Office. Scroll up further you will see the details and how my case was approved. Follow the instruction, I wish you all the best. If you are in New York, You are welcome to message me! For others, the measures indicated is for those who have been waiting over a year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Asylee Expert View Post

Once again, It is obvious you are not reading the thread. I had the same timeline as you and my case has since approved. I contacted my congressman and also the U.S. Ombudsman Office. Scroll up further you will see the details and how my case was approved. Follow the instruction, I wish you all the best. If you are in New York, You are welcome to message me! For others, the measures indicated is for those who have been waiting over a year.
                Hello Asylee Expert,
                I read your previous post. Can you tell us how long it took to get a response from Congressman and U.S. Ombudsman. i just recently created a inquiry with my congresswoman. my case has been overall 18 month. Case transferred from NSC to TSC. I’m from new york as well. Should I contact US Ombudsman too given my time frame? Thank you for your post about the process, it was very helpful.

Comment

• Originally posted by ray11 View Post

Hello Asylee Expert,
                  I read your previous post. Can you tell us how long it took to get a response from Congressman and U.S. Ombudsman. i just recently created a inquiry with my congresswoman. my case has been overall 18 month. Case transferred from NSC to TSC. I’m from new york as well. Should I contact US Ombudsman too given my time frame? Thank you for your post about the process, it was very helpful.
                  In my personal opinion, If your case is pending for less than year, this measure is not for you. In your case, You should contact your congressperson and have them look into the matter for. My process was quick. I received a decision within a week of filing an inquiry with the Congressperson's office. You are welcome to contact both as you see necessary.

Comment

• I also did the same, contacted both Congressman and Omdurman about 3 weeks ago, since that I never heard anything from them, is it a normal? Shouldn't they at least reply back to me, saying that your request was rejected, pending, in progress etc.?
                    I'm from New Jersey.

Comment

• Hi every body, I have a question i am planing to visit Thailand on my travel Document with Green Card even though i have my Indian Passport with me..
                      I need suggestion that is it okay to travel with TD with my family including US citizen Son.. any experience..? Thanks in Advance.

Comment

• Originally posted by chaddhaaman View Post
                        Hi every body, I have a question i am planing to visit Thailand on my travel Document with Green Card even though i have my Indian Passport with me..
                        I need suggestion that is it okay to travel with TD with my family including US citizen Son.. any experience..? Thanks in Advance.
                        Is Thailand the country of persecution (COP) you claimed asylum from? If not, you may travel freely with your TD. However, the TD is NOT a US passport and if no visa is required for US citizens, you would need to obtain a Thai visa on your travel document to be able to use it to travel, because you are not yet a citizen.

If Thailand is visa-free for Indian citizens, you still may be able to use your Indian passport to travel to Thailand. You need to understand that, and it was made clear by USCIS, all green card holders are free to travel the whole world with their national passport. A former asylee who adjusted to green card holder has voluntarily 'dis-availed' himself of his asylee status and its protections thereof, and has become a permanent resident just like others, and is free to travel around the world with their national passport or a TD if they choose. However, excessive multiple travels to and/or extended periods of stay in one's COP might be a possible cause for concern during the citizenship interview. One or two trips to COP isn't usually an issue at the N400 interview, especially if well explained why you had to travel and actions you took to keep yourself safe while there. Several permanent residents based on asylum with one or two trips to their COP have obtained citizenship recently without any issues whatsoever.

https://my.uscis.gov/exploremyoption...anent_resident
                        Last edited by mekus21; 11-14-2019, 09:49 PM.

Comment

• New Card Is Being Produced

On November 14, 2019, we ordered your new card for Receipt Number LIN1234567890, and will mail it to the address you gave us. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

Goodnews in the house!!!

TIMELINE:
                          SENT APPLICATION: JUNE 10, 2019
                          APPLICATION DELIVERED (AT NSC): JUNE 19, 2019 (as per tracking info)
                          NOTICE OF ACCEPTANCE (AT NSC): JULY 19, 2019 (applied with a fee waiver, took about 1 month from package delivery at USCIS to be approved and for the case to be in queue)
                          BIOMETRICS APPOINTMENT: AUG 20, 2019
                          GREEN CARD APPROVAL: NOV 14, 2019

Overall, the processing took less than 4 months from application acceptance to green card approval. My sister is expecting her green card in the mail in a few weeks!

For those still waiting, please hang in there! Goodluck
                          Last edited by mekus21; 11-14-2019, 10:10 PM.

Comment

• Case Was Transferred To An Asylum Office

On February 21, 2019, we transferred your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number #0000000000, to an asylum office for processing. That office will mail you a decision or send you a request if it needs something from you.

Has anybody had same status as me? I wrote dozen letters to Asylum Office and they said: "Your application is under review". Almost 9 month gone and nothing changed

Comment

• Originally posted by alexkim View Post
                              Case Was Transferred To An Asylum Office

On February 21, 2019, we transferred your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number #0000000000, to an asylum office for processing. That office will mail you a decision or send you a request if it needs something from you.

Has anybody had same status as me? I wrote dozen letters to Asylum Office and they said: "Your application is under review". Almost 9 month gone and nothing changed
                              This usually happens if the USCIS officer reviewing the file doubts the merit of the asylee's status and transfers the application to her asylum office to re-evaluate the applicant's asylum status for a final review.

Has anything significantly changed between your times of grant of asylum and application for I485? For example, asylum was obtained based on sexual orientation but you are now married to the opposite sex as of filing for the green card? Or asylum obtained based on religious persecution (minority Christian in a majority Islamic country) and you now practice Islam?

Comment

• Originally posted by mekus21 View Post
                                New Card Is Being Produced

On November 14, 2019, we ordered your new card for Receipt Number LIN1234567890, and will mail it to the address you gave us. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

Goodnews in the house!!!

TIMELINE:
                                SENT APPLICATION: JUNE 10, 2019
                                APPLICATION DELIVERED (AT NSC): JUNE 19, 2019 (as per tracking info)
                                NOTICE OF ACCEPTANCE (AT NSC): JULY 19, 2019 (applied with a fee waiver, took about 1 month from package delivery at USCIS to be approved and for the case to be in queue)
                                BIOMETRICS APPOINTMENT: AUG 20, 2019
                                GREEN CARD APPROVAL: NOV 14, 2019

Overall, the processing took less than 4 months from application acceptance to green card approval. My sister is expecting her green card in the mail in a few weeks!

For those still waiting, please hang in there! Goodluck
                                Congratulations!!!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X