Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 27march View Post
    I think my case is approved from Texas.
    applied I485 on May 2019 based on asylee. Yesterday I got notice about biometric appointment and I was preparing give to biometric on 27 Feb. But today I got a text about my case and i checked with uscis website and it says;

and after 2 min i recieved an email and it says

do you think my case approved?
    I doubt it. It is probably a letter explaining why you need to redo your biometrics appointment. If approved, your status would say something like, 'my case was approved' or ' my card has been produced'.

Do let us know what the letter says when you receive it because this is new to us. Goodluck.

Comment

• Originally posted by garbage View Post

I've traveled with RTD right after my asylum granted. There was no issue when I returned they did not ask much at the airport which I was very worried. Maybe because I traveled for a 10 days only. I feel you with all these hype and changes going on you want to be 110%.

I even traveled for 3 weeks, came back to USA with no issue, left US again after 3 weeks only being in country from last trip, this time i stayed outside for 5 weeks, still no issues coming back. no questions asked! only long wait in Secondary.

Comment

• Originally posted by lolo858585 View Post

me too, filed in TEXAS ?!!!
        Mine applied in March 2019 Texas
        did not get a new fingerprint appointment like you guys.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hatori1980 View Post

You don't have to worry about it because you would have probably did it once you filed I-485 petition (Within one month).

But people who are getting the bio metrics notice are the people who didn't do it and USCIS reused the existing bio metrics which were on the file at the I-485 filing.

Comment

• Originally posted by rmy51116

I am a medical student who cleared boards here but when I apply for schools most of them taking only GC holders and US citizens, Can I expedite using letter from school
            You should have no issue matriculating into any educational institution here in the United States once you are an asylee. The asylee status is a legal status in the United States and you are able to enroll, simply notify the Office of Student Affairs, it might have a different at that educational institution, they usually list Permanent Residents and U.S. citizens on their listing but you can apply once you have proof of your unrestricted social security card and your asylee status.

Comment

• Hi guys,

im planning to submit the application for my first RTD today, wish I did this months ago but didn’t know if I needed it.

Any idea how long it might take? Applying from Chicago.

Comment

• Originally posted by thescientist_7453 View Post
                Hi guys,

im planning to submit the application for my first RTD today, wish I did this months ago but didn’t know if I needed it.

Any idea how long it might take? Applying from Chicago.
                The application for a U.S. Refugee Travel, Form I-571 usually should be processed in 3 months/12 weeks. Of Course it has not always been the case and sometimes can take up to 5/6 months sometimes. It would be start to apply to today and send the application out by the end of the busy day. You can always request via a cover letter that you desire to have the U.S. Refugee Travel Document in a timely fashion or you can attempt to expedite your request for the document. Regarding expedition request USCIS considers all expedite requests on a case by case basis, they also requires documentation to support the request, please bear this in mind they have the sole discretion to decide whether to grant or deny your request for such an expedition.

USCIS may consider an expedition request if it meets one or more of the following criteria:

Severe financial loss to a company or person, provided that the need for urgent action is not the result of the petitioner's or applicant failure to, file the benefit request or the expedite request in a reasonable time frame, or respond to any request for additional evidence in a reasonably timely manner; Also, Urgent humanitarian reasons, Compelling U.S. government interest such as urgent cases for the Department of Defense or DHS, or other public safety or national security interest; or a clear USCIS error.

Happy Applying! If it is over the 12 weeks processing time, you can always request the assistance of your congressman/U.S. Representative their offices usually has a section dedicated to immigration matters.
                Last edited by ceci1073; 02-21-2020, 11:28 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Asylee Expert View Post

You should have no issue matriculating into any educational institution here in the United States once you are an asylee. The asylee status is a legal status in the United States and you are able to enroll, simply notify the Office of Student Affairs, it might have a different at that educational institution, they usually list Permanent Residents and U.S. citizens on their listing but you can apply once you have proof of your unrestricted social security card and your asylee status.
                  I got this reply from 80% of schools that are offering the required program. Is there anything I can do, I can't deny my status as I need to apply through a common portal which asks for immigration information. Can I request expediting based on it?

Good morning and thank you for your question. Unfortunately, we require applicants to hold US citizenship or be US permanent residents. Those holding "H" visa's are also eligible to apply. If your asylum status changes and you hold US permanent residency prior to the end of the application cycle, then you would be eligible to apply for this cycle.

Sincerely,
                  Last edited by rmy51116; 02-21-2020, 04:42 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by luckycharm4111 View Post

You don't have to worry about it because you would have probably did it once you filed I-485 petition (Within one month).

But people who are getting the bio metrics notice are the people who didn't do it and USCIS reused the existing bio metrics which were on the file at the I-485 filing.
                    Lol you are wrong hehehe, i did my biometrics last august 2019, its been 6 months!
                    this is new does anyone know, why we got this biometric again?
                    July 26, 2019 : AOS Package sent to USCIS
                    July 29, 2019 : TEXTS received n credit card charged
                    August 5, 2019 : NOA letter received in the mail

Comment

• Originally posted by Hatori1980 View Post

I have no idea, will see if my status change online , i will write back here.
                      July 26, 2019 : AOS Package sent to USCIS
                      July 29, 2019 : TEXTS received n credit card charged
                      August 5, 2019 : NOA letter received in the mail

Comment

• Dear All Good day
                        I am applying for green card , i have arrested in my home country and i have no such evidence .
                        1.What can i submit for this.

Please advise
                        Jafriee

Comment

• Dear All Good day
                          I am applying for green card , i have arrested in my home country and i have no such evidence .
                          1.What can i submit for this.

Please advise
                          Jafriee

Comment

• Hey guys! I don't usually post here, but I read a lot to know about your timeline. I am just skeptical because I received a mail from USCIS for an appointment on Feb 24 to have my biometrics taken.I am suprised because my case online has showed since may 5 2019 that fingerprints taken ( since I was told in a old mail that they would use the one already on files).
                            Let me give you my timeline:
                            1) March 28, 2018 Asylum approved
                            2) May 01, 2019 Green card application
                            3) May 05, 2019 Fingerprints applied on my case
                            4) February 8, 2020 Received Mail for Biometric appointment on 02/24/2020

I hope it's a good sign

Comment

• Originally posted by luckycharm4111 View Post
                              I applied for Green Card on May 17th, 2019 with TSC.

After one week, I received a notice saying that they gonna reuse my previous bio metrics.

On Feb 14th, 2020 I received the letter asking to show up for bio metrics appointment.

I believe this looks like the system generated notice whose bio metrics is older than 1 year or more.

I am not sure how many bio metrics do we have to do till we get the GC. lol
                              Me too!!! I got a mail from USCIS, we both have almost the same timeline

Comment

• Originally posted by lolo858585 View Post

Lol you are wrong hehehe, i did my biometrics last august 2019, its been 6 months!
                                this is new does anyone know, why we got this biometric again?
                                Thank god I am wrong. That proves I am human lol.

Some people say there was a new policy changes on biometerics by USCIS and

Some people say that the application/petition is about to be approved once you new biometrics are done and cleared

It all guessing going on but we need to see........ I hope for the good news
                                Last edited by luckycharm4111; 02-24-2020, 11:08 AM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X