No announcement yet.

Asylum Based i-485

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jnkasy This is stuff you can read for yourself as well. If you go to the instructions of I-485 it will tell you who is elegible to apply for Adjustment of Status. You can also google about the asylum interview, it is much definitely required and it's what it will decide it you get approved or not. I definitely recommend you researching by yourself and asking second opinions to other lawyers, don't let anybody fool you, specially with immigration matters where the price for a mistake is too high!

Comment

• I am not sure what's going with the Texas Service Center for Asylum based Green Cards. Its been a while any update from TSC.

Are they really working or Are they slowing down in making their decision intentionally ??

On top of it, USCIS is running out of money by this summer that means they will reduce the work force or completely close that time then we all have to wait longer as it will increase the timeline for GC processing time.

I am really getting sick with this.

God please help us all !!!

Comment

• In the WALL STREET JOURNAL on last Sunday titled: USCIS to Add Surcharge to Immigration Applications, The agency has requested $1.2 billion in emergency funding from Congress.

Excerpt: U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, the government agency that processes immigration applications, is set to run out of money this summer and will begin attaching a 10% surcharge to application fees, the agency confirmed.
        Last edited by ceci1073; 05-19-2020, 09:38 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Asylee Expert View Post
          In the WALL STREET JOURNAL on last Sunday titled: USCIS to Add Surcharge to Immigration Applications, The agency has requested $1.2 billion in emergency funding from Congress.

Excerpt: U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, the government agency that processes immigration applications, is set to run out of money this summer and will begin attaching a 10% surcharge to application fees, the agency confirmed.
          Does that mean they will make the application process more expensive, but not necessarily longer?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sahil728 View Post
            We are in the same boat. I also redid my FP in feb.Lets hope we all get our GC in hand asap
            Please let me know if you got any news, cause as far as I understand they are processing 2018 December applications next is hopefully January 2019 ones

Comment

• Originally posted by luckycharm4111 View Post

which service center?

tsc

Comment

• Hi everyone, i wanna know if i could use refugee travel document to europe and other part of the world without visa.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deedolar View Post
                  Hi everyone, i wanna know if i could use refugee travel document to europe and other part of the world without visa.
                  There's no list because each country is different, some countries don't even accept RTD at all. But I found countries below accept RTD without visa BUT PLEASE DOUBLE CHECK with their embassy before making any travel plans!!!

Belgium
                  Germany,
                  Netherlands
                  Hungary,
                  Slovakia,
                  Montenegro,
                  Bosnia and Herzegovina
                  Slovenia,

I always call embassy and ask

Last edited by ceci1073; 05-20-2020, 12:09 PM.

Comment

• Thanks appreciate it

Comment

• Originally posted by nar_ View Post

Please let me know if you got any news, cause as far as I understand they are processing 2018 December applications next is hopefully January 2019 ones
                      It looks like they are still processing November 2017 cases not 2018 according the processing time on USCIS.

Comment

It looks like they are still processing November 2017 cases not 2018 according the processing time on USCIS.
                        Someone here who filed in 2018 December got his/her GC from TSC , thats why I made that assumption.

Comment

• Anyone one knows about when we update the address on USCIS Online, do we need to submit any documents? How does it works?

How long it will take to move the file ?

Comment

• Processing times are not correct

Comment

• Many lawyers told me that the processing time is not accurate... they don’t relay on it at all.

Comment

Anyone one knows about when we update the address on USCIS Online, do we need to submit any documents? How does it works?

How long it will take to move the file ?
                                Hi, I’ve changed my address two times, no documents or any evidence needed. Just file it online. If you move within your city/ county/state, your case does not move anywhere, except instances where your state has more than one USCIS office.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X