Asylum Based i-485

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mmbt View Post

Yes, with A05! When I was filling the form in the instructions said that even if you have a pending AOS application you should still request a renewal with your asylum category, which is A05. Nothing else we can do but wait. Hopefully we will get our GC before the EAD expires again, so we don't have to pay the $400.
    Did you have to pay for your EAD even though GC is pending?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jasmine22 View Post

Hey there!

So, one conclusion that I could make based on the text above is that it looks like the issues that USCIS is mentioning are issues that they might be able resolve on their side, leading to the thought that the cause of the issue is not related to you or your case.

I think that this means that they are probably experiencing delays with either background checks, software system issues, etc. Otherwise, I think they might have sent you an RFE..

Anyways, I understand your discouragement. Keep in mind this won’t last forever, and stay positive!
      It looks that TSC using different background checking system than Nebraska. This is really funny.
      Don’t know what the matter with TSC, really this frustrating is. I was checking randomly the types of cases they received I checked around 500 cases. Every 100 cases only 4 cases I-485 and all the rest I-765. This not logic . we need to find a such way to complain .

Comment

• Originally posted by gtaid1 View Post

No we didn't pay anything, just used the AOS (I485) receipt for the payment.

I heard couple of my friends got rejected because of the missing fee and they didn't accepted the AOS receipt in lieu of the EAD payment.

It all depends on the Officers who works at the application processing department and luck!

Comment

• Originally posted by luckycharm4111 View Post

No we didn't pay anything, just used the AOS (I485) receipt for the payment.

I heard couple of my friends got rejected because of the missing fee and they didn't accepted the AOS receipt in lieu of the EAD payment.

It all depends on the Officers who works at the application processing department and luck!
          The fee waiver only for A9 category not for A5

Comment

• Originally posted by freedom_bird2020 View Post

The fee waiver only for A9 category not for A5
            Sometimes if we are lucky enough, AOS receipt works as payment for EAD petition.

See the Note Section highlighted with yellow marker in the image
            Attached Files
            Last edited by luckycharm4111; 06-10-2020, 01:22 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by freedom_bird2020 View Post

It looks that TSC using different background checking system than Nebraska. This is really funny.
              Don’t know what the matter with TSC, really this frustrating is. I was checking randomly the types of cases they received I checked around 500 cases. Every 100 cases only 4 cases I-485 and all the rest I-765. This not logic . we need to find a such way to complain .
              Hey! Agree, I have checked over 500 cases, too, and rarely found any I-485, and I have seen 0 cases approved. The cases I have found had the ''Fingerprint" update on almost all of them.

That made me think, that I simply might be not filtering cases right, but it looks like the few I-485 cases are what the picture really looks like. That leads me to the idea that I-485 cases are not being reviewed at all, or if processed, then in very small numbers.

Do we have a new updated USCIS report for the new quarter? Wondering how many I-485 were approved for the last semester.

Comment

Hey! Agree, I have checked over 500 cases, too, and rarely found any I-485, and I have seen 0 cases approved. The cases I have found had the ''Fingerprint" update on almost all of them.

That made me think, that I simply might be not filtering cases right, but it looks like the few I-485 cases are what the picture really looks like. That leads me to the idea that I-485 cases are not being reviewed at all, or if processed, then in very small numbers.

Do we have a new updated USCIS report for the new quarter? Wondering how many I-485 were approved for the last semester.

Nebraska
                Total applications 17402
                Approved 9431
                Denied 644
                Pending 48141
                Asylum
                Total Received 11979
                Approved 8752
                Denied 378
                Pending 32288

Texas
                Total applications 11877
                Approved 2417
                Denied 366
                Pending 62455
                Asylum
                Total Received 6568
                Approved 1230
                Denied 49
                Pending 32549

Looks Nebraska gives priority to I-485 and Texas gives priority to other cases.
                Last edited by freedom_bird2020; 06-10-2020, 03:39 PM.

Comment

• The happiest day for my family, my wife and I finally got our Green Cards! We had different cases, and both were with NCS. Another 2 cases approved by NCS. Good luck to everyone and thank you for your support!

Comment

• Originally posted by fgzn View Post
                    The happiest day for my family, my wife and I finally got our Green Cards! We had different cases, and both were with NCS. Another 2 cases approved by NCS. Good luck to everyone and thank you for your support!
                    Congratulation !

Comment

• Wow!.. TSC is ~ 8 times slower than NSC.. If they continue this way, they will probably flood themselves with applications..

Comment

Wow!.. TSC is ~ 8 times slower than NSC.. If they continue this way, they will probably flood themselves with applications..
                        they are already over their head with pending applications, I run some calculations and is going to take them 7 years to complete the backlog without taking into consideration new cases added each day. I think there something we can do if we complaint together I’m sure there are more than 10k people willing to do something about it, maybe send a letter with our signs or open a petition.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay599 View Post
                          they are already over their head with pending applications, I run some calculations and is going to take them 7 years to complete the backlog without taking into consideration new cases added each day. I think there something we can do if we complaint together I’m sure there are more than 10k people willing to do something about it, maybe send a letter with our signs or open a petition.
                          we need to find a such way to complain, I did submit a complaint today to my Congressman I put all these figures for him. I think all the TSC applicants should do the same and see what will happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay599 View Post

I am not sure what's going on with Texas Service Center (TSC), whether it is trump's admin fault or its been like that from long time for the delay.

I hope it won't get worst like Family based or Employment based GC where the timelines are crazy.

God please help us all and make the officers realize they are very slow and process GC application faster.

Comment

• Originally posted by gtaid1 View Post

Yes, I paid for it. I believe there is a way to waive the cost (I think I read about it once in here) but tbh I'm not sure at all.

Comment

• Hey guys!

I have asked for help from my Congressman Office back in January 2020, and USCIS answered with the generic reply, saying “our case is within normal processing times”.

I went to the Congressman’s Office today again, since 6 months passed, and I thought this is a decent period of time passed to submit another inquiry about our case status.

The Congressman’s assistant just copied and pasted the processing times from the official USCIS website (just like I wouldn’t know that the official period ranges from 8-33 months, or maybe she thought I don’t have access to internet), and has informed me that my case shows that the “fingerprints were taken”... which I am obviously aware of, since this is an important matter..

She has also mentioned that “we have already asked them back in January about the case status”, and we have never got a specific reply, so looks like in her opinion, it does not make sense to ask again... she has mentioned that I need to wait for 33 months to pass, and then inquire.. but I am not sure the lady understands, that if I wait 33 months to pass, then I can basically inquire about the status of my case by myself, and the Congressman’s assistance doesn’t make any sense..

In my understanding, she has rejected asking USCIS on my behalf.. is this normal?

Just wanted to ask you guys for your opinion.. I feel so discouraged. I am not feeling ok waiting for three years of my case to be adjudicated. What did I do wrong to be punished with long waiting times?

Thanks.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X