Asylum Based i-485

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by devraj420 View Post
    hi guys today i received my case transfer notice which says " in order to processing faster we transferred the application or petition" does it mean i will get my case decision soon or its just a generic message ?

asylum approved on Aug 28 2018 and applied for i485 on Aug 28 2019 in Texas Service Center no bio metric appointment it only shows fingerprint fee was received and now on June 17 case was transfer to another office
    Hopefully soon but never know as USCIS is really hard to predict now a days.

Just curious, Where your application got transferred? which center ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Diamond2019 View Post
      Please I need help with RFE response!
      I received a RFE for my asylum based GC and it states that I did not complete Part 14 of I-485 form (Additional information and explanation is required). They are saying that I checked yes on Part 8, Question 24.a as I was on J-1 visa with two years foreign residence requirement!
      But I am an asylee now and asylum status should be eligible for AOS!
      Should I be worry about this?
      I don't understand why people do not seek legal advise of a lawyer.
      The responses are wrong.
      You are ineligible to adjustment of status if you did not complete the 2 year foreign residence requirements. The officer cannot approve your application.
      You are not eligible for regular waiver as this requirement is not an inadmissibility ground.

What you would need is Form I-612 which you must apply and obtain a waiver of foreign residence requirement. there is a fee for this form but you can apply for a fee waiver.

Please please please people, if you have a complicated case like this, talk to a lawyer. You will be in serious trouble and headaches if your AOS case is denied.

You cannot just send an "explanation". You need to file I-612!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by luckycharm4111 View Post
        YAYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!

DACA is legal by Supreme Court
        Sigh.

Quite honestly, to the opposite, supreme court would have been forced to rule DACA is illegal because of its ruling on its recession.

The reason is, the court ruled the Trump administration unlawfully terminated the DACA program, partly because they failed to properly consider the legitimate reliance of DACA applicants. However, the DACA itself fails to consider the legitimate reliance of the workforce protections afforded by the nation's immigration laws and regulations to the American workers. Nor does it properly consider the legitimate reliance of states' spending on providing benefits to undocumented DACA recipients.

Comment

• Originally posted by lolo858585 View Post

I wonder were ur country one of the ones in the travel ban? ALSO DID U WAIT too long for ur asylum or ws it quick?
          Yes I’m a citizen of one of the travel ban countries. It took me ~ 4 years to get my asylum approved.

Comment

• So we are in for some bad days and very long delays especially for the refugee/asylum GC applicants.

Last edited by ceci1073; 06-26-2020, 09:09 AM. Reason: Link

Comment

• Hello. I’ve applied for greencard through asylum in dec 2018 and last i did fingerprint on feb 2020.I want to know, what type of evidence do they ask to submit? I just got an email but waiting for the “Request for evidence letter“.
              Last edited by Shuvo; 06-24-2020, 11:16 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by zolandy View Post
                Yes I’m a citizen of one of the travel ban countries. It took me ~ 4 years to get my asylum approved.
                I applied in Dec 2013, had interview in Dec 2017 and got approval in Feb 2019. Also from travel ban country.

Comment

• Originally posted by lolo858585 View Post

I wonder were ur country one of the ones in the travel ban? ALSO DID U WAIT too long for ur asylum or ws it quick?
                  I do not think that a person from a country listed in travel ban can be affected. I belong to one of these countries and my I485 still pending in Texas, while all of people who came from my country and applied in Nebraska get approved from 5-7 months.

Comment

• Originally posted by Asyleeasylee View Post

I do not think that a person from a country listed in travel ban can be affected. I belong to one of these countries and my I485 still pending in Texas, while all of people who came from my country and applied in Nebraska get approved from 5-7 months.
                    Thats sad , apparently its because of the Texas center being slow. Not fair, years are wasted.
                    July 26, 2019 : AOS Package sent to USCIS
                    July 29, 2019 : TEXTS received n credit card charged
                    August 5, 2019 : NOA letter received in the mail

Comment

• Originally posted by Shuvo View Post
                      Hello. I’ve applied for greencard through asylum in dec 2018 and last i did fingerprint on feb 2020.I want to know, what type of evidence do they ask to submit? I just got an email but waiting for the “Request for evidence letter“.
                      That's a good new, Your case is moving forward.

If you don't mind, please share the timelines and service center you applied?

Comment

That's a good new, Your case is moving forward.

If you don't mind, please share the timelines and service center you applied?

My timeline is:

April 11 2017 - Asylum approved
                        December 30 2018 - i485 packaged received by Texas S C
                        February 2019 - old fingerprint taken
                        February 05 2020- fingerprint notice
                        Feb 26 , 2020 - Fingerprint taken
                        june 24 2020- Request for additional evidence was sent

Im glad its moving but im worried, what document is missing. Waiting for the letter to see in a day or two.

Comment

My timeline is:

April 11 2017 - Asylum approved
                          December 30 2018 - i485 packaged received by Texas S C
                          February 2019 - old fingerprint taken
                          February 05 2020- fingerprint notice
                          Feb 26 , 2020 - Fingerprint taken
                          june 24 2020- Request for additional evidence was sent

Im glad its moving but im worried, what document is missing. Waiting for the letter to see in a day or two.

Don't worry, everything will be fine.

Mostly RFE, they need either Birth Certificate or I-693 Medical.

Keep us posted with updates.

Comment

Don't worry, everything will be fine.

Mostly RFE, they need either Birth Certificate or I-693 Medical.

Keep us posted with updates.
                            I gave them birth certificate and medical. the only thing i didnt submit is the proof of one year presence. i dont know if thats needed.
                            I will post updates. PRAY !!

Comment

I gave them birth certificate and medical. the only thing I didn't submit is the proof of one year presence. I don't know if that is needed.
                              I will post updates. PRAY !!
                              I have seen lot of RFEs either for Birth Certificate or Medical but never heard of Proof of one year residence.

In general, they don't need the proof of one year residence because they already have our entry and exit to the country irrespective of how many states you moved.

I hope for the best!

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	2288FFFB-B514-4CB1-9449-BD4AF992ABBA.jpeg
Views:	806
Size:	86.8 KB
ID:	736143Click image for larger version

Name:	2288FFFB-B514-4CB1-9449-BD4AF992ABBA.jpeg
Views:	790
Size:	86.8 KB
ID:	736142Texas Only 961 case was completed from January to April.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X