No announcement yet.

Asylum Based i-485

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Incase Asylee have a problem in his country, can he come back to my country ? and is there any risky when he re-enter to US ?
    Last edited by nanana; 07-08-2020, 05:14 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by asylumvn View Post

Thanks for your reply but I don't quite understand. Can you please be more specific? We're living in California. I will apply i-485 in 2 months
      If you live in CA you are good. Let get married soon as soon.
      tell you gf keep f1 visa dont not overstay.

Comment

• @asylumvn

Getting married now, doesn't give your GF any status and you cannot get her any benefit when you are asylee because you married after asylum was granted. You have to wait until you get green card to file anything for her.

Comment

• Originally posted by nanana View Post
          Incase Asylee have a problem in his country, can he come back to my country ? and is there any risky when he re-enter to US ?
          I don't quite understand this , but if you are granted asylum or even if waiting for a decision, do not go back to your home country / country of origin ! If you go back, you better have a very very good lawyer to prove you didn't lie when you applied for asylum.

My suggestion is to not even think of going back to country of origin until you are a US Citizen in future.

Comment

• Originally posted by gtaid1 View Post
            @asylumvn

Getting married now, doesn't give your GF any status and you cannot get her any benefit when you are asylee because you married after asylum was granted. You have to wait until you get green card to file anything for her.
            It is good benefits when you married more than two years.
            your gf will get 10 years green card not two years conditions.
            and you can file tax with dependent.

Comment

• I have been tracking uscis case status and there has been no movement since past 2 weeks on any case. Have these people totally stopped working?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sahil728 View Post
                I have been tracking uscis case status and there has been no movement since past 2 weeks on any case. Have these people totally stopped working?
                You are right, I don't see any movement at all.

Probably they may be in depression of losing the jobs (Furlough ) in August and stopped working......

Comment

• Originally posted by luckycharm4111 View Post

You are right, I don't see any movement at all.

Probably they may be in depression of losing the jobs (Furlough ) in August and stopped working......
                  That is not fair at all. At first they are processing at turtle's speed and now they just stopped doing anything.

Comment

• I filed I-1485 in April 2020 to Nebraska as main applicant, is there anyone here with my timing?

We should connect ! Message me!

Comment

• Hey Guys,

I have actually just found an I-485 case that was filled on March 20, 2019, at TSC, which was approved on June 30th, 2020.

I have also filled on March 20, 2019, but still have not got any decisions. Also, it looks like there are not that many I-485 cases to be adjudicated at TSC if following the Tracker app.

My conclusion is that they process some cases, but slowly and If the furlough happens, then it is official that all the cases will be delayed at least till the end of the year since Mr. Trump has prohibited any visas until the end of this year (If I am not mistaking).

I have also just left the Senator's office after two requests from the Congressman, which resulted with a classic "your case is within the processing times" answer from USCIS.

Opinions?

Comment

• AN INTERESTING ARTICLE BY THE WASHINGTON POST!

“How the Trump administration is turning legal immigrants into undocumented ones -- by, uhh, literally turning off the printers that print the documents.”

The Trump administration is turning legal immigrants into undocumented ones.

That is, the “show me your papers” administration has literally switched off printers needed to generate those “papers.”

Without telling Congress, the administration has scaled back the printing of documents it has already promised to immigrants — including green cards, the wallet-size I.D.’s legal permanent residents must carry everywhere to prove they are in the United States lawfully.

In mid-June, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services’ contract ended with the company that had been printing these documents. Production was slated to be insourced, but “the agency’s financial situation,” USCIS said Thursday, prompted a hiring freeze that required it to ratchet down printing.

Of the two facilities where these credentials were printed, one, in Corbin, Ky., shut down production three weeks ago. The other facility, in Lee’s Summit, Mo., appears to be operating at reduced capacity.

Some 50,000 green cards and 75,000 other employment authorization documents promised to immigrants haven’t been printed, USCIS said in a statement. The agency said it had planned to escalate printing but that it “cannot speculate on future projections of processing times.” In the event of furloughs — which the agency has threatened if it does not get a $1.2 billion loan from Congress — “all agency operations will be affected.”

Some of the missing green cards are for immigrants newly approved for legal permanent residency. Others are for existing permanent residents who periodically must renew their identity cards, which expire every 10 years but sometimes must be replaced sooner (for example, if lost). These immigrants have completed every interview, required biometric assessment, cleared other hurdles — and often waited years for these critical credentials.

The Immigration and Nationality Act requires every adult legal permanent resident to carry their green card “at all times.” Failing to carry it is a misdemeanor, subject to jail time or fines. Immigrants must also show their green card to apply for jobs, travel or reenter the United States.

Understandably, panicked immigrants have been inundating USCIS with calls seeking to locate their documents.

“Our volume of inquiries [has] spiked concerning cases being approved, but the cards [are] not being produced,” said one agency employee. “A lot are expedite requests, and we can’t do anything about it; it’s costing people jobs and undue stress.”

This employee added: “It really does frustrate a lot of us to not let applicants know what’s really going on.”

Normally, within 48 hours of an applicant’s approval, USCIS’s online system indicates that a card has been printed. Immigration attorneys across the country have been puzzled recently because these status updates never appeared. Many thought the delays were tied to covid-19, which has caused other service disruptions.

One Philadelphia attorney, Anu Nair, said a USCIS officer let slip in early June that all contractors were about to be laid off and to expect long delays with paperwork.

Memphis-based attorney Elissa Taub inquired about her client’s missing green card and got a cryptic email: “The system has to be updated so that a card can be produced. You will receive the [card] in the mail once the system in updated [sic].”

USCIS, which is funded almost entirely by fees, is undergoing a budget crisis, largely caused by financial mismanagement by political leadership. The printing disruptions are no doubt a preview of chaos to come if the agency furloughs about 70 percent of its workforce, as it has said it will do in a few weeks absent a congressional bailout.

In recent conversations with congressional staffers about cutting contracts to save money, USCIS mentioned only one contract, for a different division, that was being reduced — and made no reference to this printing contract, according to a person who took part in those discussions. The company that had this contract, Logistics Systems Inc., did not respond to emails and calls this week requesting comment.

The administration has taken other steps in recent months that curb immigration. Presidential executive orders have almost entirely ended issuance of green cards and work-based visas for people applying from outside the country; red tape and bureaucracy have slowed the process for those applying from within U.S. borders. For a while, the agency refused to forward files from one office to another. The centers that collect necessary biometric data remain shuttered.

These pipeline delays are likely to dramatically reduce the number of green cards ultimately approved and issued this year.

Under normal circumstances, immigrants who need proof of legal residency but haven’t yet received their green card would have an alternative: get a special passport stamp from USCIS. But amid covid-related changes, applicants must provide evidence of a “critical need,” with little guidance about what that means.

“The bottom line is that applicants pay huge filing fees, and it appears that these fees have apparently been either squandered through mismanagement or diverted to enforcement-focused initiatives, to the great detriment of applicants as well as the overall efficiency of the immigration process,” says Anis Saleh, an immigration attorney in Coral Gables, Fla. “The administration has accomplished its goal of shutting down legal immigration without actually changing the law.”

Last edited by ceci1073; 07-10-2020, 09:10 AM. Reason: link

Comment

• Originally posted by Asylee Expert View Post
                          AN INTERESTING ARTICLE BY THE WASHINGTON POST!

“How the Trump administration is turning legal immigrants into undocumented ones -- by, uhh, literally turning off the printers that print the documents.”

The Trump administration is turning legal immigrants into undocumented ones.

That is, the “show me your papers” administration has literally switched off printers needed to generate those “papers.”

Without telling Congress, the administration has scaled back the printing of documents it has already promised to immigrants — including green cards, the wallet-size I.D.’s legal permanent residents must carry everywhere to prove they are in the United States lawfully.

In mid-June, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services’ contract ended with the company that had been printing these documents. Production was slated to be insourced, but “the agency’s financial situation,” USCIS said Thursday, prompted a hiring freeze that required it to ratchet down printing.

Of the two facilities where these credentials were printed, one, in Corbin, Ky., shut down production three weeks ago. The other facility, in Lee’s Summit, Mo., appears to be operating at reduced capacity.

Some 50,000 green cards and 75,000 other employment authorization documents promised to immigrants haven’t been printed, USCIS said in a statement. The agency said it had planned to escalate printing but that it “cannot speculate on future projections of processing times.” In the event of furloughs — which the agency has threatened if it does not get a $1.2 billion loan from Congress — “all agency operations will be affected.”

Some of the missing green cards are for immigrants newly approved for legal permanent residency. Others are for existing permanent residents who periodically must renew their identity cards, which expire every 10 years but sometimes must be replaced sooner (for example, if lost). These immigrants have completed every interview, required biometric assessment, cleared other hurdles — and often waited years for these critical credentials.

The Immigration and Nationality Act requires every adult legal permanent resident to carry their green card “at all times.” Failing to carry it is a misdemeanor, subject to jail time or fines. Immigrants must also show their green card to apply for jobs, travel or reenter the United States.

Understandably, panicked immigrants have been inundating USCIS with calls seeking to locate their documents.

“Our volume of inquiries [has] spiked concerning cases being approved, but the cards [are] not being produced,” said one agency employee. “A lot are expedite requests, and we can’t do anything about it; it’s costing people jobs and undue stress.”

This employee added: “It really does frustrate a lot of us to not let applicants know what’s really going on.”

Normally, within 48 hours of an applicant’s approval, USCIS’s online system indicates that a card has been printed. Immigration attorneys across the country have been puzzled recently because these status updates never appeared. Many thought the delays were tied to covid-19, which has caused other service disruptions.

One Philadelphia attorney, Anu Nair, said a USCIS officer let slip in early June that all contractors were about to be laid off and to expect long delays with paperwork.

Memphis-based attorney Elissa Taub inquired about her client’s missing green card and got a cryptic email: “The system has to be updated so that a card can be produced. You will receive the [card] in the mail once the system in updated [sic].”

USCIS, which is funded almost entirely by fees, is undergoing a budget crisis, largely caused by financial mismanagement by political leadership. The printing disruptions are no doubt a preview of chaos to come if the agency furloughs about 70 percent of its workforce, as it has said it will do in a few weeks absent a congressional bailout.

In recent conversations with congressional staffers about cutting contracts to save money, USCIS mentioned only one contract, for a different division, that was being reduced — and made no reference to this printing contract, according to a person who took part in those discussions. The company that had this contract, Logistics Systems Inc., did not respond to emails and calls this week requesting comment.

The administration has taken other steps in recent months that curb immigration. Presidential executive orders have almost entirely ended issuance of green cards and work-based visas for people applying from outside the country; red tape and bureaucracy have slowed the process for those applying from within U.S. borders. For a while, the agency refused to forward files from one office to another. The centers that collect necessary biometric data remain shuttered.

These pipeline delays are likely to dramatically reduce the number of green cards ultimately approved and issued this year.

Under normal circumstances, immigrants who need proof of legal residency but haven’t yet received their green card would have an alternative: get a special passport stamp from USCIS. But amid covid-related changes, applicants must provide evidence of a “critical need,” with little guidance about what that means.

“The bottom line is that applicants pay huge filing fees, and it appears that these fees have apparently been either squandered through mismanagement or diverted to enforcement-focused initiatives, to the great detriment of applicants as well as the overall efficiency of the immigration process,” says Anis Saleh, an immigration attorney in Coral Gables, Fla. “The administration has accomplished its goal of shutting down legal immigration without actually changing the law.”
                          I am very disappointed and have no words. My thought is that maybe immigration situation will get better after the election... if people won’t vote for you know who...
                          Last edited by Trinity01; 07-10-2020, 10:01 AM. Reason: Typo

Comment

• Originally posted by Jasmine22 View Post
                            Hey Guys,

I have actually just found an I-485 case that was filled on March 20, 2019, at TSC, which was approved on June 30th, 2020.

I have also filled on March 20, 2019, but still have not got any decisions. Also, it looks like there are not that many I-485 cases to be adjudicated at TSC if following the Tracker app.

My conclusion is that they process some cases, but slowly and If the furlough happens, then it is official that all the cases will be delayed at least till the end of the year since Mr. Trump has prohibited any visas until the end of this year (If I am not mistaking).

I have also just left the Senator's office after two requests from the Congressman, which resulted with a classic "your case is within the processing times" answer from USCIS.

Opinions?
                            That’s interesting, cause USCIS TSC received my case in January 2019, but no movement besides redone fingerprints in February 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Jasmine22 View Post
                              Hey Guys,

Opinions?
                              Jasmine , I also saw a lot of cases got approved who filed after me ,however ,mostly they were emplyment-based so had the premium processing!!! i n t he Texas service center. I saw cases which were filed end of 2019 getting approved.

however for 130 and asylum ,still pending.

other centers like Nebraska's have already approved cases asylum and non-asylum based ! who filed 2019.

apprently the waiting is long in the Texas center.
                              July 26, 2019 : AOS Package sent to USCIS
                              July 29, 2019 : TEXTS received n credit card charged
                              August 5, 2019 : NOA letter received in the mail

Comment

• I think there printer has started working as i just recieved an email that they have shipped my son's passport

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X