Asylum Based i-485

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Asyleeasylee View Post

My I485 already in process, I submitted my GC application in September 2019 and still pending (Texas Service Center).
    That’s 10 months. It should not be that long. How long did you wait for your decision after the interview?. Where are you from? I heard that the processing time of I-485 for asylum depends on countries. Asylum came from countries of Middle East or Central America usually have to wait longer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Asyleeasylee View Post

My I485 already in process, I submitted my GC application in September 2019 and still pending (Texas Service Center).
      Hey! I have the same timeline. Sent my application on September of last year to TSC and still pending. Did biometrics on February of this year and that's about it. I had to renew my EAD as well recently and they gave it to me for one year.

Comment

• Originally posted by mmbt View Post

Hey! I have the same timeline. Sent my application on September of last year to TSC and still pending. Did biometrics on February of this year and that's about it. I had to renew my EAD as well recently and they gave it to me for one year.
        Hello,
        I am also in same boat. Here is my timeline:

1 Sep, 2018 came to U.S as derivative asylee
        1 Sep, 2019 Filed for Green Card/ i-485
        2 Oct, 2019 Fingerprints given.

Since than no update. I have filed for EAD renewal since it is about to expire. Texas Service Center. No hope in sight.

Comment

• Originally posted by asylumvn View Post

That’s 10 months. It should not be that long. How long did you wait for your decision after the interview?. Where are you from? I heard that the processing time of I-485 for asylum depends on countries. Asylum came from countries of Middle East or Central America usually have to wait longer.
          I am from the Middle East. My wife is American and should listen to her long time prior to filling GC, she said she can sponsor me , if I did that I am a Citizen now.

Comment

• Originally posted by mmbt View Post

I did biometric in January 2020. Since then nothing.

Comment

• Hey guys!

Any news approvals recently? Any news?

I have a feeling that If the furlough happens, since it will last for up to three months, there is low
              possibility of employees getting back to work in November (after three months furlough), and starting with our applications ASAP. I bet they might be busy with a bunch of organizational stuff.

This is the reason why I think that there is a chance, that all the applications reviews to be postponed to the next year
              Last edited by Jasmine22; 07-23-2020, 10:01 PM. Reason: Question answered

Comment

• I’ve been waiting since May 2019
                Last edited by Trinity01; 07-23-2020, 08:43 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trinity01 View Post
                  I’ve been waiting since May 2019
                  You should send the expedited request

Comment

• Originally posted by Trinity01 View Post
                    I’ve been waiting since May 2019
                    Me too.
                    GC pending since May 2019

Comment

• Originally posted by Sahil728 View Post

Me too.
                      GC pending since May 2019
                      I applied on Mau 1st 2019 too. almost 15 months already. that really sucks

Comment

• Originally posted by josh26 View Post

I applied on Mau 1st 2019 too. almost 15 months already. that really sucks

March 2019 at TSC.

2 Congressman inquiries.

1 Senator inquiry.

2 calls with the Officer Level 2.

Result = 0
                        Last edited by Jasmine22; 07-24-2020, 01:06 PM.

Comment

• April 2018!!

Comment

• Hi Everyone!
                            My timeline:
                            04/14/2020 form I 485 received
                            05/07/2020 fingerprint fee taken
                            07/17/2020 case was updated to show fingerprints were taken
                            but offices were closed and they just used our old one.

May be someone was in the same situation, how long it usually takes after to receive card? thank you????

Comment

• Originally posted by Jasmine22 View Post
                              Hey guys!

Any news approvals recently? Any news?

I have a feeling that If the furlough happens, since it will last for up to three months, there is low
                              possibility of employees getting back to work in November (after three months furlough), and starting with our applications ASAP. I bet they might be busy with a bunch of organizational stuff.

This is the reason why I think that there is a chance, that all the applications reviews to be postponed to the next year

GOOD NEWS!!!!!!!!

Furloughs are delayed until end of August 2020 for now !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by ceci1073; 07-24-2020, 04:33 PM. Reason: Link

Comment

• Hi.
                                Do you guys have submitted your medical exam papers with G.C application? My lawyer said medical exam will expire so its useless to submit, later i came to know that its validity is 2 years. Now I am regretting. RFE will take more time.
                                I am wondering if i can send it now?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X