No announcement yet.

Asylum Based i-485

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello everybody. I have two questions, I’m doing the EAD renewal and I’m an asylee and I have my green card process pending. Do I file as an A5 or as an C9 and if I already as for a waiver fee for the I485 can I ask for a waiver for the EAD?

thank you

Comment

• Originally posted by xsarag View Post
      Hello everybody. I have two questions, I’m doing the EAD renewal and I’m an asylee and I have my green card process pending. Do I file as an A5 or as an C9 and if I already as for a waiver fee for the I485 can I ask for a waiver for the EAD?

thank you
      File for A5 and don't fill any waiver form. It's free while GC is pending so just attach copy of your GC receipt that shows you paid GC fees.

That's all I did. You can write a letter too and explain why you're not paying fees too, if you wish.

Comment

• I want to post this here in case it helps anyone:

I have talked to 4 lawyers about our options when GC case is pending for too long.

They all said , anything less than 1 yr waiting doesn't have any legal action. So we can potentially file a lawsuit after case is pending for more than 1 yr.

I got different quotes from lawyers ranging from $3300 to $5000 to file a lawsuit and force USCIS to make decision on a case.

Comment

• Originally posted by gtaid1 View Post
          I want to post this here in case it helps anyone:

I have talked to 4 lawyers about our options when GC case is pending for too long.

They all said , anything less than 1 yr waiting doesn't have any legal action. So we can potentially file a lawsuit after case is pending for more than 1 yr.

I got different quotes from lawyers ranging from $3300 to $5000 to file a lawsuit and force USCIS to make decision on a case.
          On what conditions they gonna build the case if the USCIS website states that it can take up to 43.5 month? Interesting

Comment

I want to post this here in case it helps anyone:

Hi, I remember you filed your application on April, 2020, right? If so, it is almost months.
            I think you could ask for help first to your local house of representative and senator office. You could find their office website and write your request to follow up GC with USCIS.
            At least it is much more useful than you call to USCIS.

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldbear in CA View Post

Hi, I remember you filed your application on April, 2020, right? If so, it is almost months.
              I think you could ask for help first to your local house of representative and senator office. You could find their office website and write your request to follow up GC with USCIS.
              Hi, did you have positive feedback about representative or senator office help with GC cases?

Comment

• Originally posted by locker View Post
                Hi, did you have positive feedback about representative or senator office help with GC cases?
                No. I have not sent request to congressmen, because my filing time is not so long.
                If they think your time is normal, they may not help you.
                I know, in CA, the senior Senator Dianne Feinstein posted that her office will help follow up with background check lasting one year.

Comment

yes you’re right I filed this year , so I’m not going to hire any lawyer soon but wanted to be a step ahead and at least know the costs.

From my experience US Congressman or congresswoman won’t help much and they get general answers too. I’ll try for sure but I’m not going to wait 45 months!

I wait until few months after new President to see how things are going. Then maybe after 14 months of waiting I’ll hire lawyer.

Comment

yes you’re right I filed this year , so I’m not going to hire any lawyer soon but wanted to be a step ahead and at least know the costs.

From my experience US Congressman or congresswoman won’t help much and they get general answers too. I’ll try for sure but I’m not going to wait 45 months!

I wait until few months after new President to see how things are going. Then maybe after 14 months of waiting I’ll hire lawyer.
                    As my consideration, delay may caused by backlog of FBI background check.
                    For usual, we need to make a biometric appointment with ASC one by one. So every week FBI will receive request and they could process it as long as received
                    But due to COVID 19, USCIS decided not to make fingerprint for every one but use old fingerprint so they sent a big package together on 07/17. at least thousands of applicants.
                    So FBI name check program is overloaded.

Comment

For usual, we need to make a biometric appointment with ASC one by one. So every week FBI will receive request and they could process it as long as received
                      But due to COVID 19, USCIS decided not to make fingerprint for every one but use old fingerprint so they sent a big package together on 07/17. at least thousands of applicants.
                      The same thing was done in feb this year which created a huge back log

Comment

• Originally posted by Sahil728 View Post
                        The same thing was done in feb this year which created a huge back log
                        Really? I have not heard about Feb 2020 has a bunch old fingerprint usage. At that time, the pandemic had not spread in US.

Comment

Really? I have not heard about Feb 2020 has a bunch old fingerprint usage. At that time, the pandemic had not spread in US.
                          Yes and i saw a lot of people had the same FP got done in End of feb 2020. And i got really excited as my lawyer said that it would take around 3-4 weeks from the FP to get you GC approved . But then pandemic happened.

Comment

What is the source of your post? Nebraska is processing cases faster than Texas, so how this apply to your post?

Comment

• Originally posted by Asyleeasylee View Post

What is the source of your post? Nebraska is processing cases faster than Texas, so how this apply to your post?
                              I said, from my consideration.
                              You could search case numbers in USCIS case tracker app. You will find many applicants fingerprints were taken on 07/17/2020. Including me.
                              Then I got a letter that show USICS would use my old fingerprint to case and no need to go to ASC for biometric appointment.
                              I only search for NSC, no TSC. Because TSC is quite different from NSC, I do not know it.
                              But, They approved more Refugees cases than Asylees cases. It is from USCIS quarter work performance published by 11/16.
                              For 2nd & 3rd quarter of 2020, about 8000 asylee I485 received and 5000 refugee cases received
                              For approval, 5000 asylees cased approved and 8000 refugee cases approved.
                              So, refugee cases inventory is down to 15K around but asylee case inventory is up to 54K.

Comment

• Wts diffrence between refugee cases and asylee cases I thought it was same but reading now post looks like there is difference

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X