Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bobby69 View Post
    Hi Guys,
    I really need some help here. I have applied for travel document in October 2020. I believe it will still take few more months. I now have a green card. My green card was based off of asylum. Can I use my home country (the one I have asylum against) to travel to a third country. Also just curious can American boarder officer ask me why I’m using my home country passport and not the travel document. I’m most certainly not going back to my home country.
    When did you apply for GC? And when did you get approved?

Comment

• Saw this change on USCIS historical processing time page.
      hopefully it ll be a start of something good for us.

Comment

• Originally posted by dann254 View Post

This reply made me crack up. Lol

I applied April 2018 still waiting...Been out of processing time twice, still no reply. TSC. Asylum approval by judge
        Hi! Did you make another inquiry recently? You could place it if you want to.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alteral View Post
          Okay guys, it's finally over.

Maybe 2 weeks ago was a year since I applied for a green card to NSC. I made a request out of normal processing time and it went through. And a week after they approved my case. Just received my green card today. I don't believe it was because of the request, but I think it was just time for me.

Some data points:

03/20/20 - they received my case;
          07/17/20 - fingerprints were applied;
          03/29/21 - case was approved.

Also I contacted to a congressman and he asked me to fill the "casework authorization form" so he could inquire on my behalf. It was no longer needed since they approved the application.
          I tried created the request out of normal processing time then it give me message saying that you are within the normal processing time as shown below
          FYI I have selected I485 based on asylum​​​​​​​

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	1147
Size:	55.0 KB
ID:	758157

Comment

• Originally posted by luckycharm4111 View Post

I tried created the request out of normal processing time then it give me message saying that you are within the normal processing time as shown below
            FYI I have selected I485 based on asylum

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	1147
Size:	55.0 KB
ID:	758157
            If you select I-485 based on Refugee, you will be able to submit it.

Comment

• 1) HOW LONG DID YOU GUYS WAIT FOR YOUR ASYLUM INTERVIEW? It took me 3 years of wait just to get an interview itself. So you wait 3 years for an interview and then you wait another 3 years + for a green card. This process for a country of this magnitude is just surprising.

2) my application is at TSC. They denied expedite request itself after a year of wait. These delays are purposeful it seems like. They had plenty of time to do a background check. And the application for me it’s very simple. 1 2 3 that’s it.

Comment

• I read somebody mentioned that the gc issued is backdated one year even though the application might be older.

Can some one confirm when naturalization is applied. Is the time calculated from application date or green card date? I think its application date. How long is naturalization process these days?

Comment

• Originally posted by Stardusk143 View Post
                  1) HOW LONG DID YOU GUYS WAIT FOR YOUR ASYLUM INTERVIEW? It took me 3 years of wait just to get an interview itself. So you wait 3 years for an interview and then you wait another 3 years + for a green card. This process for a country of this magnitude is just surprising.

2) my application is at TSC. They denied expedite request itself after a year of wait. These delays are purposeful it seems like. They had plenty of time to do a background check. And the application for me it’s very simple. 1 2 3 that’s it.
                  what???

Three years for an interview ? Are you living in another United States than the one we know here in North America ? My notice of interview was scheduled in February 2020 and interview done in March and card sent to me in a week after interview. Did you contact your congressman ? Do you have a lawyer ? May be you should try that because three years is wait is unheard of ! Unless of course you talking about another United States in a parallel word somewhere !

Comment

• SO I HAD TO APPLY FOR RTD AND EAD WHILE GC IS STILL PENDING. SOMEBODY MENTIONED THE FEE IS WAIVED. I DONT THINK THAT IS CORRECT FOR EAD 2ND TIME. ONLY FIRST TIME.

I APPLIED BOTH APPLICATIONS WITH FEE WAIVED AND THEY DENIED IT PRECIOUSLY. THESE GREEDY PRICKS.

BEEN PAYING THEM FEES SINCE 2014. THEN YOU GOTTA PAY MORE FEES FOR DMV. Seems like extortion to me. All these guys are immigrants or children of immigrants themselves.

Comment

SO I HAD TO APPLY FOR RTD AND EAD WHILE GC IS STILL PENDING. SOMEBODY MENTIONED THE FEE IS WAIVED. I DONT THINK THAT IS CORRECT FOR EAD 2ND TIME. ONLY FIRST TIME.

I APPLIED BOTH APPLICATIONS WITH FEE WAIVED AND THEY DENIED IT PRECIOUSLY. THESE GREEDY PRICKS.

BEEN PAYING THEM FEES SINCE 2014. THEN YOU GOTTA PAY MORE FEES FOR DMV. Seems like extortion to me. All these guys are immigrants or children of immigrants themselves.
                      I have requested EAD twice with the waiver, and both were approved. If I don't get any answer on my GC application by October, I will request my 3rd EAD with the waiver as well.
                      On the other hand, it took me more than 2 years to decide if I applied to my RTD or not. Last year finally made the decision, and it was approved in 7 months, also with the waiver.

The GC will have as expedition date, the date that they approve it backdated 1 year before.

I have met a lot of people that requested Asylum back in 2013, and they have not been interviewed yet.

Each case is completely different from another, and we should not make any comparison. Even though it could be so f*cking frustrating.

Comment

• Zidane
                        hi... how to do EAD with fee waiver? What reason do you use...
                        thank you

Comment

• Originally posted by Loveusa99 View Post
                          Zidane
                          hi... how to do EAD with fee waiver? What reason do you use...
                          thank you
                          I just sent the application with all requisites and attached the I-797C I got for my GC.

Comment

I read somebody mentioned that the gc issued is backdated one year even though the application might be older.

Can some one confirm when naturalization is applied. Is the time calculated from application date or green card date? I think its application date. How long is naturalization process these days?
                            You can file your application for citizenship up to 90 days before you hit 5-year period of continuous residence as a legal permanent resident from the date stated in your green card (usually it's backdated 1 year before the date your green card is approved).

Comment

• Originally posted by Alteral View Post

You can file your application for citizenship up to 90 days before you hit 5-year period of continuous residence as a legal permanent resident from the date stated in your green card (usually it's backdated 1 year before the date your green card is approved).
                              so you’re trying to tell me.

one guy applied for GC in 2020 for eg. It doesn’t get approved till 2025. It’ll be backdated 2024? Then you gotta wait 4 years more? I don’t think that is correct.

if someone can find this. I think the timing is from the time you apply for GC- not when the card is issued. The back date is a credit for the time you proved to be in the country for a year before you apply for GC.Now uscis taking 70 years to approve how is that the applicant fault?

Comment

• Originally posted by Zidane View Post

I have requested EAD twice with the waiver, and both were approved. If I don't get any answer on my GC application by October, I will request my 3rd EAD with the waiver as well.
                                On the other hand, it took me more than 2 years to decide if I applied to my RTD or not. Last year finally made the decision, and it was approved in 7 months, also with the waiver.

The GC will have as expedition date, the date that they approve it backdated 1 year before.

I have met a lot of people that requested Asylum back in 2013, and they have not been interviewed yet.

Each case is completely different from another, and we should not make any comparison. Even though it could be so f*cking frustrating.
                                Gonna ask for a credit from there ccksuckers. I’m not paying **** to them. Been paying for 9 years. How dare they cashed the check knowing i also gave them prove of pending GC.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X