USA Visa Fees in Mexico

Non-diplomatic and non-official visa applicants must pay the visa application fee. Additionally, some categories of visa applicants must pay issuance pay as well. Visa issuance fees are based on reciprocity, based on what Mexico charges a U.S. citizen for a similar type of visa.

Application Fee (MRV Fee)
The following visa fees apply for nonimmigrant visa application.

Visa Type U.S. Dollars Mexican Pesos
All non-petition based applications, including, but not limited to,
Business and/or Tourist - B1/B2
Crew Member - C1/D
Transit - C
Student - F, M
Exchange Visitor - J
$160 3,296
All petition based applications

Temporary Workers - H, L, O, P, Q, R
$190 3,914
Additional fee for certain H-1B, L-1A, L-1B

Applicants for H-1B, L-1A, L-1B visa need to pay additional $2,250 if the petitioner has more than 50 employees in the U.S. and has more than 50% of those employees in H-1B or L (including L-1A, L-1B, and L-2) status. Applies to both first-time and renewal cases.
$2,250 46,350
K (fiance) visa

$240 4,944
E category visas (E-1 Treaty Trader, E-2 Treaty Investor, E-3 Australian Worker)

$270 5,562
L1 (Not L2) Blanket Visa Fraud Prevention and Detection Fee

$500 10,300
F1 and M1 Sevis Fee (F2 and M2 Exempt)

$200 4,120
J1 Sevis Fee (J2 Exempt)

$180 3,708
Diplomat passport holders, applicants for A,G, C-2, C-3, NATO, and U.S. Government sponsored J visa None (zero) None (zero)
Border Crossing Cards (age 15 and older)
Border Crossing Cards (under age 15)

Irrespective of whether the visa is issued or not, application fee is not refundable.

Minor Children
For Mexican minor children under 15 years of age who are applying for a Border Crossing Visitor Visa (BCC or BCV) only, the fee is USD $15 (309 Mexican Pesos) in case of the following:
  • At least one parent or legal guardian is applying at the same time for a Visitor Visa/BCC; or

  • At least one parent or legal guardian is Mexican and holds a valid 10-year Visitor Visa.

If the applicant's parents pay US $15 fee, the visa will be valid for 10 years or until the minor turns 15 years old, whichever comes first. Once US $15 payment has been made, the decision can't be change and the difference in two fees cannot be paid at the consular section.