Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Texas Service Center Delays

Originally posted by KateMi View Post
    It?s not true(( my case from November 2016!!!
    What country are you from? Have you tried contacting your congressman?

Comment

I am from Belarus, and I am derivative asylum. Living in Florida now. And I am thinking about congressman,but for some reason I don?t believe that it will help.
      Originally posted by mekus21 View Post

Comment

It was answer from USCIS on my inquiry on December2017.
        ?Based on your inquiry, we have reviewed the status of your case and found that it remains under active examination. This office acknowledges the completion of your case being outside of the normal processing time and realizes the inconvenience it may cause. The delay has been necessary in order to ensure thorough processing of your case.

Unfortunately, we are unable to provide you with a definitive timeframe at this point. USCIS will notify you if any further information is needed from you or when a decision has been made.

We hope this information is helpful. We appreciate your patience.?

Comment

Congressman

It was answer from USCIS on my inquiry on December2017.
          ?Based on your inquiry, we have reviewed the status of your case and found that it remains under active examination. This office acknowledges the completion of your case being outside of the normal processing time and realizes the inconvenience it may cause. The delay has been necessary in order to ensure thorough processing of your case.

Unfortunately, we are unable to provide you with a definitive timeframe at this point. USCIS will notify you if any further information is needed from you or when a decision has been made.

We hope this information is helpful. We appreciate your patience.?
          At this point, I think you should contact your congressman so that they look into your matter on your behalf. I'm guessing that extra background checks may be the issue here, not sure. But definitely try to reach out to a congressman. They can help. If after a while from now you still do not hear from USCIS, you can try to file a writ of mandamus (court order) that forces USCIS to take an action on your case.

Comment

Thank you for your advice!! I am going to work on this and will let you know.
            At this point, I think you should contact your congressman so that they look into your matter on your behalf. I'm guessing that extra background checks may be the issue here, not sure. But definitely try to reach out to a congressman. They can help. If after a while from now you still do not hear from USCIS, you can try to file a writ of mandamus (court order) that forces USCIS to take an action on your case.

Comment

Congressman

Thank you for your advice!! I am going to work on this and will let you know.
              I wanted to share that when my asylum case was pending, I had filed to renew my EAD which was taking more than the usual 90 days to process and it got into 100 days. After raising several service requests with nothing useful coming out of them, I contacted my congressman who contacted USCIS on my behalf. They responded with a usual case is processing and to look into it soon. However, a few days later my EAD was approved and my case status changed online on the 112th day. I do think that with my congressman reaching out to them, it made them act somewhat quicker on my case. Sort of governmental influence. I've contacted my congressman again regarding my i485. Hopefully I expect the same result this time.

Wish you goodluck.

Comment

Green card

Originally posted by Jerry Qi View Post
                I submitted my i485 on 2/18/2017. They received it on 2/26/2018. I had my bio fingerprints in March. Still waiting for the update or Greencard. It's been too LOOOOOOOOOOONG. We paid the fee but the work is so inefficient.
                Any luck with yours?

Comment

Any luck with yours?
                  I just checked the immigration webpage under processing time, and it shows that they are processing cases from july/2016.

Comment

Yes. Probably it was too many inquiries and they are decided to open real processing time.
                    Originally posted by Edyfrances View Post
                    I just checked the immigration webpage under processing time, and it shows that they are processing cases from july/2016.

Comment

Yes. Probably it was too many inquiries and they are decided to open real processing time.
                      That's true, and I guess I have to wait 2 more months to get a decision of my case.

Comment

Asylum-based green card

I placed a service request few weeks ago and this is the response that I got today:

-----------------------------------------
                        The status of this service request is:

We received your service request regarding the status of your case. Since the date of USCIS?s last action, your file has been transferred to a USCIS storage facility or records center. We will need additional time to request your file from that office. Upon arrival, a supervisor will review the file. Please allow up to 60 days for receipt and review of the file. We will notify you when we have received and reviewed the file.
                        ----------------------------------------

Please has anybody experienced this before?

Received date: March 16, 2017.
                        Biometrics: April 10, 2017.

- - - Updated - - -

Texas Service center has definitely processed applications received after July 2016 but my guess is that they may have one or two pending i485 cases from much earlier-July 2016 being the earliest, yet to be adjudicated (maybe pending background checks, or awaiting RFE for example, thus they have to reveal July 2016 as their earliest pending case. I could be wrong though.

Comment

Pending i485

Originally posted by Pman View Post
                          February 8 2017. When we see online for the processing time, it is showing that USCIS is currently processing February 18 2018. She means to say that when my application is 45 days beyond the normal processes window, then only she can set up an appointment with congressman.
                          Hey any luck with yours?

Comment

No luck

Hey any luck with yours?
                            No Luck yet. When I went to congressman?s office, they did inquiry with USCIS. I got the reply that my case is in queue to be assigned to the adjudication officer. It?s really frustrating.

Comment

I wanted to share that when my asylum case was pending, I had filed to renew my EAD which was taking more than the usual 90 days to process and it got into 100 days. After raising several service requests with nothing useful coming out of them, I contacted my congressman who contacted USCIS on my behalf. They responded with a usual case is processing and to look into it soon. However, a few days later my EAD was approved and my case status changed online on the 112th day. I do think that with my congressman reaching out to them, it made them act somewhat quicker on my case. Sort of governmental influence. I've contacted my congressman again regarding my i485. Hopefully I expect the same result this time.

Wish you goodluck.
                              Totally agree. Congressman's assistant told me that USCIS would process your case quicker after congressman's inquiry even if they gave you some generic response . Also remind them to do follow-ups on your case every two mouths ( they told me they must do it on each pending case).
                              Also you don't have to make any appointments, just go there, they MUST accept your request same day!

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry Qi View Post
                                I submitted my i485 on 2/18/2017. They received it on 2/26/2018. I had my bio fingerprints in March. Still waiting for the update or Greencard. It's been too LOOOOOOOOOOONG. We paid the fee but the work is so inefficient.
                                Today, I received a letter from USCIS asking me if I have had any military service because they said that I indicated I am and was not a member of any organization, association, party, etc, which contradicts the information contained in my file.
                                Also, they told me my medical exam is no longer valid since it only has one year validation. WTF! They process the case for more than 1 year and they claimed that what I submitted on time has expired.

Fellows, please give me some ideas. I do not know what I should do.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X