Asylum Based i-485

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by luckycharm4111 View Post

I don’t know, thought it will get better but it is getting worst at TSC.

Even though they keep on changing the processing times all the time but I don’t see Asylees getting their I485 approved especially at TSC when there is no need of any interview needed compared to other I-485 categories.

It looks like they are delaying intentionally for asylees.......
    The fastest way to access the final decision is class action lawsuit against USCIS
    I guess USCIS would not show evidence and the true reason in the court. It possibly will reaches agreement with the plaintiffs and gives decision in 60-90 days before court.
    It would not like to expose their work in disorder and slow pace.

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldbear in CA View Post

The fastest way to access the final decision is class action lawsuit against USCIS
      I guess USCIS would not show evidence and the true reason in the court. It possibly will reaches agreement with the plaintiffs and gives decision in 60-90 days before court.
      It would not like to expose their work in disorder and slow pace.
      Do you plan to sue USCIS? There are many people got approval after they sue Uscis. But, I don’t know when we can take this action since there is no processing time for NSC.

Comment

• Yes. Going to court is a good option to consider. It's like our application went into a black hole. Endless waiting times are destroying our lives and mental peace. We paid the fee and follow a legal path. But it seems like we are getting punished.
        very disappointing.

Comment

• Guys my Travel document got approved after 22 months at TSC. ( after requesting "outside normal processing time")
          I received an approval notice and another page (i 512L, advance parole) but I did not get my travel document.
          will they send it to me later?
          Any experienced person here?

Comment

• Hey guys. I applied in November 2019, it says my case is in national benefit center. I cannot understand how do I check processing time for this center..

Comment

• I sent in my i485 GreenCard based on asylum granted status ( without Medicals ) in Nov 2020 and i got my receipt notice in Feb 2nd 2021 and previous fingerprint was applied on the 26th Feb. I called USCIS to know where my application would be processed as it is currently in National Benefits Center ( receipt is MSC ) and the agent told me it would be processed at Arlington VA asylum office. Do asylum office process i485 based on GreenCard now or she gave me an inaccurate details? I am a Primary Applicant

Comment

• Originally posted by AsyleeNaija View Post
                I sent in my i485 GreenCard based on asylum granted status ( without Medicals ) in Nov 2020 and i got my receipt notice in Feb 2nd 2021 and previous fingerprint was applied on the 26th Feb. I called USCIS to know where my application would be processed as it is currently in National Benefits Center ( receipt is MSC ) and the agent told me it would be processed at Arlington VA asylum office. Do asylum office process i485 based on GreenCard now or she gave me an inaccurate details? I am a Primary Applicant
                i got receipt from national b c on 12 feb. it says fingerprint fee applied. did you get this before previous fingerprint applied notice? we will see what we gonna do with new offices etc because we dont have too much information now(

Comment

• Originally posted by KamlamLA View Post

Do you plan to sue USCIS? There are many people got approval after they sue Uscis. But, I don’t know when we can take this action since there is no processing time for NSC.
                  At least for 12 months and longer.
                  The processing times for NSC and TSC are same now, 10.5-35 months.
                  less than 10.5 they will say that is within normal process time.

Comment

• Originally posted by hammy2581 View Post
                    Its been a 20 Days I applied for Travel document in Lockbox,
                    no receipt number and don’t see the charge on my account either.
                    what can i do, how to get in touch with USCIS Representative.
                    Tried but not getting through without Receipt number.
                    Any suggestions
                    I renewed my EAD and applied for RTD shortly after

It took me 59 days to receive the e-nofitication for EAD, just got it yesterday. Submitted query to lockbox mailbox, but no response yet.

Still waiting for RTD receipt.

So I guess it's completely normal. Just sit tight and wait.

Comment

• What’s is Joe Biden and these democrats doing? Look at us doing everything legal and still getting nothing for years. Small process takes 10 years. I know asylum seekers in UK and Canada all have passports right now. Here I am without green card. Illegals are getting everything it seems. Stupid.

Comment

• Originally posted by KamlamLA View Post

What’s is the process of suing USCIS. I’m interested. What’s basis?

Comment

• Originally posted by Stardusk143 View Post

What’s is the process of suing USCIS. I’m interested. What’s basis?
                          I wrote about this before.

In short - It's called Writ of Mandamus, ad you should contact a lawyer if you want to file a lawsuit against USCIS.

You will need to prove 1) you are entitled to a benefit; and 2) the agency fails to act in a reasonable amount of time, among other legal issues.

Generally USCIS will not try to litigate the case in court, and the office of general counsel will forward the case to USCIS office has jurisdiction of your case for response, and they will be resolved quickly unless there is serious security concerns.

But the chances are great they will litigate if you don't have a counsel.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stardusk143 View Post
                            What’s is Joe Biden and these democrats doing? Look at us doing everything legal and still getting nothing for years. Small process takes 10 years. I know asylum seekers in UK and Canada all have passports right now. Here I am without green card. Illegals are getting everything it seems. Stupid.
                            Biden is a joke.

So the so called "prospect immigrants" does not include prospect immigrants who were waiting in line.

There are so many things they can change. But they focused on the wrong issue and take the wrong approach which will highly likely to make the problems worse.

One key problem with Asylum is there are simply too many people. UK and Canada comparison is apple to orange. They simply don't have that many applicants like the US do.

And the US asylum system is completely fed by other legal immigrants' fees. To the degree possible USCIS has done almost everything they can to process the case as fast as possible.

To solve the problem, US should have -

1) Build the wall. It's effective.
                            2) Expand expedited deportation.
                            3) Limit judicial review of asylum cases.
                            4) Relax asylum standards esp. well found fear.
                            5) Automate data intake for petitions, streamline security check procedures and develop AI/ML models to screen potential red flags.
                            6) Establish biometrics for all immigrants at border controls, track entry-exit, and share the info within DHS.

Obviously many of these are politically incorrect, so I'm sure we will be stuck with a system that is not working. There is no solution that is both humane, timely and secure.

Just like you won't let homeless people stay in your own home, they will be stuck in the line waiting for welfare food and housing.

Comment

• Originally posted by flando View Post

Biden is a joke.

So the so called "prospect immigrants" does not include prospect immigrants who were waiting in line.

There are so many things they can change. But they focused on the wrong issue and take the wrong approach which will highly likely to make the problems worse.

One key problem with Asylum is there are simply too many people. UK and Canada comparison is apple to orange. They simply don't have that many applicants like the US do.

And the US asylum system is completely fed by other legal immigrants' fees. To the degree possible USCIS has done almost everything they can to process the case as fast as possible.

To solve the problem, US should have -

1) Build the wall. It's effective.
                              2) Expand expedited deportation.
                              3) Limit judicial review of asylum cases.
                              4) Relax asylum standards esp. well found fear.
                              5) Automate data intake for petitions, streamline security check procedures and develop AI/ML models to screen potential red flags.
                              6) Establish biometrics for all immigrants at border controls, track entry-exit, and share the info within DHS.

Obviously many of these are politically incorrect, so I'm sure we will be stuck with a system that is not working. There is no solution that is both humane, timely and secure.

Just like you won't let homeless people stay in your own home, they will be stuck in the line waiting for welfare food and housing.
                              brother with all due respect- I don’t think many asylum seekers are even legitimate. I come a from a country where I almost was killed along with my family due to religion. Many claims Im seeing here are from Latin American countries where Americans regularly go for vacation.

more over the wait for asylum interview was already 3 years. At this point it’s straight forward green card application. Everybody is paying for applications already so just get on with it and process. The asylum process is over for the ones waiting in line to get green cards.

Comment

• I do believe UK and Canada has plenty of refugees as well. The US system is overwhelmed by Latin American countries where everyone seems like Is playing the lottery.
                                while if you see UK, Canada has fair share of diverse refugees coming in.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X