Asylum Based i-485

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by waitingGC View Post

horrorstorecom , how do you know their date of filing? Using the Case Tracker app, I can't see their date of filing.
    All three were filled in June. So their date of file basically was the same as the date of approval. So I thought if USCIS approves asylum-based cases with a specific time frame. My case is getting to a one-year milestone in 9 days, so I'll keep you updated.

Comment

• Originally posted by horrorstorecom View Post

All three were filled in June. So their date of file basically was the same as the date of approval. So I thought if USCIS approves asylum-based cases with a specific time frame. My case is getting to a one-year milestone in 9 days, so I'll keep you updated.
      horrorstorecom . Thanks for the clarification. I also filed on late June 2020 and I hope to hear something soon but I am not that optimistic given the fact that many 2019 filers are still waiting for their GC. I know that the first two numbers after the SRC in the receipt number indicate the year of filing but I don't know how to infer the month of filing.

Another question: are you sure those three cases are asylum-based? Because I think TSC also processes employment-based GC.
      Last edited by waitingGC; 06-14-2021, 02:36 PM.

Comment

Sahil728 , how do you know their date of filing?
        Just add that to ur my uscis account. And it will show you all the details

Comment

• Originally posted by Sahil728 View Post
          Just add that to ur my uscis account. And it will show you all the details
          Sahil728 thanks for the reply. Do you mean an USCIS online account? I don't think I have one since all of my applications were sent by mail. How should I do to create one? Thanks

Comment

Hi everyone. I have an I-485 application pending for almost a year and was issued my first Refugee Travel Document (RTD) in January 2021 (after 7 months of applying!!!). I want to travel in Jan 2022 (a few days after my RTD expires) and I assume I have to apply now to get the new RTD on time given the long processing time.

Problem is that my lawyer told me to send the current valid RTD along with the application which will leave me with NO travel document until Jan (when the new RTD gets approved). I told him that I would rather not send it at the time of submitting the application and wait for a RFE since probably my application will be sitting in the service center for months before they touch it and realize I did not submit my current RTD. Or maybe they will never require the old RTD anyway given the ridiculous waiting time and the fact that the new one will be issued by the time the old expires! My lawyer told me that I can risk having the whole application rejected. I am not paying the fee because of a pending I-485.

I don't know what to do. I have a valid RTD that I paid for and have to return after only 5 months of being issued and have no way to travel until the next one gets approved if I send it now. Has anyone been through this problem before?
            Has anyone had similar experience? I don't know what I should do. Thanks

Comment

• Happy LGBTQIA+ Pride Month ASYLEES and PERMANENT RESIDENTS who obtained such status through asylum on the basis of their SEXUAL ORIENTATION or GENDER IDENTITY.
              Attached Files

Comment

• guys

my receipt number starting MSC it is national benefit center.my case is there ot texas? is your case number starting SRC who is saying my case is in texas ?

Comment

• Hi guys

do you know, how long processing times i-765 for category a5 derivatives asylee based I-730?

thank you

Comment

• Originally posted by Loveusa99 View Post
                    Hi guys

do you know, how long processing times i-765 for category a5 derivatives asylee based I-730?

thank you
                    Loveusa99 A Derivative Asylee or principal Asylee both come under same category A5 for I-765.

My husband applied for I-765 Principal Asylee on January, 2021 and still waiting for it......

Currently on USCIS, it is showing 10 months processing time.

Comment

• luckycharm4111 hi…

thank you for your reply

wow take too long for i-765
                      is renew or initial?

Comment

• Originally posted by Loveusa99 View Post
                        luckycharm4111 hi…

thank you for your reply

wow take too long for i-765
                        is renew or initial?
                        It is a renewal.

As we know renewal should take less time than the initial one but what can we expect from USCIS other than slowness.

Comment

Sahil728 thanks for the reply. Do you mean an USCIS online account? I don't think I have one since all of my applications were sent by mail. How should I do to create one? Thanks
                          you can go to uscis.gov and create an online account. and add the reciept numbers to ur account . Then you will be able to see the whole history .

Comment

• I have a I-485 application number starting with SRC.... and filed on October 14,2019 at Texas service Center.

do anyone know what’s current date is running for greencard issue ?????

Comment

• Originally posted by cabhavinpatel14 View Post
                              I have a I-485 application number starting with SRC.... and filed on October 14,2019 at Texas service Center.

do anyone know what’s current date is running for greencard issue ?????
                              my husband filed in April 2019 at TSC, still waiting.,.,,

we reached to the senator and got a response that my case is in the Queue for processing and currently they are processing August 2018.

Texas Service a center is the worst and it looks like we not going to get our GC till 2022-2023 as 2018 May filers are still waiting for their GC.
                              Last edited by luckycharm4111; 06-19-2021, 07:51 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by luckycharm4111 View Post

my husband filed in April 2019 at TSC, still waiting.,.,,

we reached to the senator and got a response that my case is in the Queue for processing and currently they are processing August 2018.

Texas Service a center is the worst and it looks like we not going to get our GC till 2022-2023 as 2018 May filers are still waiting for their GC.

file expedite request online.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X