No announcement yet.

Asylum Based i-485

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [QUOTE=GM1985;n762387]I have been thinking about what could we do to get our cases adjudicated now, and we could certainly get a class action case if we all join our voices.
    we should have answers to our application no more than a year from the date we apply .,
    and in the worst scenario, we should get all the years waiting as a rollback time for our citizenship eligibility. so they can be in accordance and compliance with the United Nation refugee convention.
    on this class action they made the government get rid of the cap for AOS of asylees:

Comment

• Originally posted by gtaid1 View Post

If your GC is pending you do not have to pay for Travel Document. just submit evidence you have GC pending.

I never returned any of previous travel documents and had no issues.

No issue if you did not travel. I have renewed and traveled with Refugee Travel Document twice now, my third RTD is still pending.
      Hi, you said you never had to return your previous RTDs but did you submit the application for a new one while the previous was still valid or you waited until it expired?
      My RTD is still valid until early Jan 2022 but I want to travel on late Jan 2022 and need to send the application now to get the new one on time. But I don't want to return the current one because I may need in Sep-Oct.
      Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by cabhavinpatel14 View Post

We all have to reunite and sue to the USCIS. That’s the only option we have.
        But who organizes it??? We should activate it. Not only limited in social media……

Comment

• Originally posted by Lucky_ View Post
          "On March 19, 2021, we received your response to our Request for Evidence for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number SRC **** **** **. USCIS has begun working on your case again."
          More than 2 months no update yet. Called uscis last week, they said that your service request is registerd and an officer will call you back, (or via email) with details of your case status. A Reference number was given to me regarding my inquary. Time frame 14 days to have responce from uscis. Let's see 6 days gone already
          @Lucky_ wow you received a RFE in 12 months after applying from the TSC! That is actually very fast and makes me feel optimistic! Is your application asylum-based? I sent my i-485 on Jun 2020 to TSC and I hope to hear something soon! I did send my medical exam at the time of application so probably there will be no RFE regarding that.
          Are there other people who sent the i-485 on 2020 and also received any update other than fingerprints notice (like RFEs)?
          Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by waitingGC View Post

@Lucky_ wow you received a RFE in 12 months after applying from the TSC! That is actually very fast and makes me feel optimistic! Is your application asylum-based? I sent my i-485 on Jun 2020 to TSC and I hope to hear something soon! I did send my medical exam at the time of application so probably there will be no RFE regarding that.
            Are there other people who sent the i-485 on 2020 and also received any update other than fingerprints notice (like RFEs)?
            Thanks
            july 2019, no update apart from fingerprint applied,i sent my application with the medical, medical will expire in one month

Comment

• Today one of the i485 in Texas got approved. Getting some hope

Comment

• I saw 3 cases got approved at TSC this month, all three were waiting exactly 1 year after uscis received their cases!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sahil728 View Post
                  Today one of the i485 in Texas got approved. Getting some hope

Can I know the date of filling and first three letters of your reciept ?

Comment

• Originally posted by horrorstorecom View Post
                    I saw 3 cases got approved at TSC this month, all three were waiting exactly 1 year after uscis received their cases!
                    Which date of filling, do you know?

Comment

I saw 3 cases got approved at TSC this month, all three were waiting exactly 1 year after uscis received their cases!
                      Can u share the first three and the last 3 digits

Comment

• Originally posted by cabhavinpatel14 View Post

Can I know the date of filling and first three letters of your reciept ?
                        The filing was same as mine. 05/17/2019. SRC

Comment

• Well, guys, my waiting is finally over!! Here's my timeline story with a little bit of background:
                          • Feb 2017: Principal Asylee filled I-730 (I was in my country of origin)
                          • May 2017: I-730 Approved
                          • Aug 2017: I came to the USA and I got a parole as Derivative of Asylee
                          • Sep 2018: I filled I-485. (Case received in TSC)
                          • Oct 2018: Fingerprints taken
                          Since then, I didn't hear back from them in a while. I started sending several inquiries for Out of Normal Processing Times every 3 months starting in Nov 2019, regardless of the date shown on their website. In middle 2020 I contacted Ombudsman's office, my Congressman and Congresswoman, and in late 2020 I wrote my State Senator a letter. Always the same response.
                          However, in March, I realized that we could also submit an inquiry under the category "Others", instead of Asylee or Refugee (this last one was the one I had been using). And then, FINALLY, got a letter from my USCIS's district office, so I realized my case wasn't in Texas and they started working again on my case:
                          • May 18 2021: USCIS sent an RFE
                          • May 25 2021: I sent back the RFE
                          • June 6 2021: New Card is being produced
                          • June 10 2021: Card was delivered
                          I want to add that even when I was Derivative of Asylee, I got my GC as AS6, which means I am the principal Asylee, and II didn't have an interview for my GC.

I also want to thank you all for all the support, shares, and best wishes you have been giving in this blog. I hope my story helps and gives hope to those who have been waiting for a long time. After almost 3 years I got mine, so never give up guys, and keep it up!

Good luck to everyone!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Zidane View Post
                            Well, guys, my waiting is finally over!! Here's my timeline story with a little bit of background:
                            • Feb 2017: Principal Asylee filled I-730 (I was in my country of origin)
                            • May 2017: I-730 Approved
                            • Aug 2017: I came to the USA and I got a parole as Derivative of Asylee
                            • Sep 2018: I filled I-485. (Case received in TSC)
                            • Oct 2018: Fingerprints taken
                            Since then, I didn't hear back from them in a while. I started sending several inquiries for Out of Normal Processing Times every 3 months starting in Nov 2019, regardless of the date shown on their website. In middle 2020 I contacted Ombudsman's office, my Congressman and Congresswoman, and in late 2020 I wrote my State Senator a letter. Always the same response.
                            However, in March, I realized that we could also submit an inquiry under the category "Others", instead of Asylee or Refugee (this last one was the one I had been using). And then, FINALLY, got a letter from my USCIS's district office, so I realized my case wasn't in Texas and they started working again on my case:
                            • May 18 2021: USCIS sent an RFE
                            • May 25 2021: I sent back the RFE
                            • June 6 2021: New Card is being produced
                            • June 10 2021: Card was delivered
                            I want to add that even when I was Derivative of Asylee, I got my GC as AS6, which means I am the principal Asylee, and II didn't have an interview for my GC.

I also want to thank you all for all the support, shares, and best wishes you have been giving in this blog. I hope my story helps and gives hope to those who have been waiting for a long time. After almost 3 years I got mine, so never give up guys, and keep it up!

Good luck to everyone!!!
                            I tired to do that outside application time thing. It’s giving me an error idk

Comment

horrorstorecom , how do you know their date of filing? Using the Case Tracker app, I can't see their date of filing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sahil728 View Post
                                The filing was same as mine. 05/17/2019. SRC
                                Sahil728 , how do you know their date of filing?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X