India conference visa can be applied for the applicants that receive an invitation to a conference/seminar/workshop being organized in India by the following:
- Ministry or Department of Government of India
- State Governments
- Public Sector Undertakings
- Central Educational Institutions
- Public Funded University
- An organization owned and controlled by the Government of India or State Government.
- UN and its specialized agencies
- Reputed NGOs
- Private Companies.
If the spouse is also attending the conference, he/she needs to apply for a Conference visa. Otherwise, he/she needs to apply for a Tourist visa. Minor children must apply for a tourist visa.
Duration and Validity
The visa duration starts on the day of issuance, and not on the day of entry into India. The Conference Visa is a 3-month single entry visa. For conference organized by private companies, an applicant should apply for and will get the visa for the shortest duration possible.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?