Please note that the exact processing time for an India visa varies all the time and the following timings are approximate and are subject to change at any time. Processing time can not be guaranteed. Nonrefundable tickets or reservations should not be purchased until all visas and passports are secured and in your possession.
Due to the high travel volume for the holiday season, processing times for some Consulates such as Houston are at a minimum of three weeks.
General Processing Times
- If you make an application in person, it will take around 3-5 working days for processing.
- For persons of Indian origin, US citizens who require a reference and all non-US citizens, and for short term visas,
it will take at least one to two weeks for
processing. It may take longer in some
- For all cases where prior reference check is required, the processing time for reference check itself is at least one week.
- When you apply by mail (such as post, courier etc.), you will need to add the mailing and transit time both ways.
- Pilots and Crew members of all Chartered, Private jets, Cargo, Demonstration and Trainers Flights are in the category of Unscheduled
Airlines and are treated as Reference cases and they would need prior clearance from competent authorities in India. It would take a minimum
of five weeks for such application. Without the mandatory clearance, no visa will be issued.
Pakistan nationals and persons of Pakistani Origin
Visa processing takes a minimum of 6 weeks. It can take longer as the matter is examined by the concerned authorities in India. The Embassy/Consulate will promptly convey the decision on their application to the applicant as soon as it is received from New Delhi. You are requested to be patient and not make inquiries in this regard by phone, email, personal visit, fax, or letters, which, due to constraints, Cox & Kings Global Services will not be able to respond to. You may rest assured that they will pursue your case.
Sri Lanka nationals and persons of Sri Lankan Origin
Visa processing for these persons takes time. The Embassy/Consulate will promptly convey the decision. Meanwhile, you should not make any inquiries as they will not be answered.
Citizens of Czech Republic and Slovak Republic
Processing time for citizens of Czech Republic and Slovak Republic is a minimum of 21 working days.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?