Citizens of many countries can apply for eVisa for Tourist Visa, Business Visa, Conference Visa, Medical Visa, and Medical Attendant visa in advance of travel. It would be valid only for a single entry. This visa can neither be extended nor converted to any other kind of visa during the stay in India except in certain exceptional circumstances.
There is really no concept of ‘visa on arrival.
India eVisa Eligibility
Eligibility for eVisa is the same as the regular visa.
India eVisa Application Process
- Apply online
Upload Photo and Passport Page
- Pay visa fee online
Using Credit / Debit card
- Receive ETA Online
ETA Will be sent to your e-mail
- Fly To India
Print ETA and carry at the time of travel
India eVisa Instructions
Instructions for Visa on Arrival (Enabled by ETA)
- Applicants of the eligible countries may apply online minimum 4 days in advance of the date of arrival with a window of 120 days
- Recent front facing photograph with white background and photo page of Passport containing personal details like name, date of birth, nationality, expiry date, etc. to be uploaded by the applicant. The application is liable to be rejected if the uploaded document and photograph are not clear and as per specification.
- eVisa fee varies based on the visa category excluding interchange charge for credit/debit cards. The fee must be paid 4 days before the expected date of travel filled by you otherwise the application will not be processed.
- eVisa fee once submitted is nonrefundable.
- The applicant should carry a copy of the ETA along with him/her at the time of travel.
- Biometric details of the applicant will be mandatorily captured at Immigration on arrival in India.
- This facility is in addition to the existing Visa services.
- eVisa is allowed for a maximum of two visits in a calendar year.
- eVisa once issued on arrival is non-extendable, non-convertible & not valid for visiting Protected/Restricted and Cantonment Areas.
- Applicants can track the status of their application online by clicking visa status.
- For any assistance call, 24 * 7 Visa support center at +91-11-24300666 or send email to [email protected]
India eVisa Documents
The following documents should be uploaded for India eVisa:
- Scanned Bio Page of the passport showing the Photograph and Details
- e-Tourist Visa
- For short term courses, copy of letter from the institute/organization/hospital, etc. concerned on its letter-head
- For voluntary work of short duration, copy of letter from the organization concerned on its letter-head
- e-Medical Visa
- Copy of Letter from the Hospital concerned in India on its letterhead which includes the date / tentative date on which admission has been suggested.
- e-Business Visa
- Copy of Business Card
- Any letter of invitation if applicable from Indian parties that wish you conduct the business (optional). However, if visiting to “To deliver lecture/s under Global Initiative for Academic Networks (GIAN)”
- Invitation of the host institute to the foreign faculty
- Copy of the sanction order under GIAN issued by the National Coordinating Institute viz. IIT Kharagpur
- Copy of the synopsis of the courses to be taken up by the faculty
- e-Conference Visa
- Invitation from the organizer, which the applicant may seek from this organizer.
- Political clearance from Ministry of External Affairs
- Event clearance from Ministry of Home Affairs
The digital photograph to be uploaded along with the Visa application should meet the following requirements:
- Format – JPEG Size
- Minimum 10 KB
- Maximum 1 MB
- The height and width of the photo must be equal.
- The photo should present the full face, front view, eyes open.
- Center head within frame and present full head from the top of hair to the bottom of the chin.
- The background should be plain light-colored or white background.
- No shadows on the face or on the background.
- Without borders.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?