F2 (Dependent of student) Visa Stamping Documents
You will need the following documents for getting F-2 visa stamping.
Current passport as well as old old passports
Confirmation page of online submitted Form DS-160 with CEAC
Fees to be paid in advance before taking an appointment.
- Original interview appointment letter and one copy.
- Both pages of the bar-coded, original SEVIS generated Form I-20 (Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant Student Status)
obtained from a U.S. college, school or university and signed by you and a school official.
All students, as well as their spouse and dependent children (everyone that is applying for the U.S. visa) must be registered in SEVIS. Your school is responsible for entering your information for the Form I-20 into SEVIS.
Also require one copy of Form I-20.
Your I-20 does not need to be sealed in an envelope. However, you have to make sure that you carry the I-20 when you travel, as you have to show it to the immigration officer at the port of entry in order to be admitted in to the U.S.
When you get the visa, there will be nothing stamped on your I-20. When your enter the U.S., the immigration officer at the port of entry will stamp I-120 in the alloted space.
- Original Proof of payment of SEVIS Fee Receipt I-901 and one copy, if applicable.
Photocopies of the first page, address page and last page of your current passport.
- A copy of the Form I-20 of the Principal Applicant.
Photocopy of the Principal Applicant's
(if applying separately).
Original marriage certificate for spouse along with entire wedding photo album.
Additionally, it would be helpful to provide genuine marriage proof.
- Wedding invitation card.
Original birth certificate for each child.
Photocopies of the first page, last page and remarks pages of your current passport.
- Additional financial resources to support the dependants during the primary
applicant's entire course of study.
- If applying separately, a good quality photocopy or the original of the primary applicant's passport - all pages. The copy should be of good quality and the photo must be clearly identifiable.