Schengen visa application fees must be paid by each applicant. Fees are non-refundable under any circumstances. The fee amount is the same irrespective of the duration or the number of entries of the visa.
The exact amount of Schengen visa application fees may vary based on the visa type, age, and a few other factors.
The exact modes of fee payment may vary by the designated Schengen consulate/embassy, but various options such as payment in cash, debit card, credit card, money order or cashier’s checks may be available.
|Schengen Visa Category||Fee – Euro ||Fee – USD|
|Child between 6-12 years of age||35 €||$41|
|Citizens of Georgia, Kosovo, Russia, and Ukraine.||35 €||$41|
The visa fee in the US dollars listed above is according to the exchange rate as of May 2019 and is subject to change.
If the applications are handled by the visa application center in the country where you need to apply, you will have to pay an additional processing fee to them.
Please add an additional fee of $15 if you want the consulate to mail your passport once your visa is ready.
There is no Schengen visa application fee for:
- Children under the age of 6 years.
- Students, school pupils, and accompanying teachers during a school trip
- Researchers traveling to perform scientific research
- Holders of diplomatic, official, or service passport traveling for official purposes
- A family member of an EU/EEA national
- Participants aged 25 years or less in seminars, conferences, sports, cultural, or educational events, organized by non-profit organizations. However, the embassy/consulate will decide on a case-by-case basis.
- In individual cases, the fee may be waived or reduced in accordance with national law when this measure serves to promote cultural interests, as well as interests in the field of foreign policy, development policy, other areas of vital public interest, or for humanitarian reasons.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?