When applying for Schengen visa, you should submit an application cover letter that explains the purpose of your trip, the list of documents you have enclosed, your trip itinerary, what arrangements you have made for the same, as well as how you will pay for the trip. It is the best to provide the day-to-day plan (itinerary), which gives the consular officer a clear idea of what exactly you would be doing while in the Schengen area and what your clear intentions are.
The following Schengen visa application cover letter might help you write your own. Of course, you will have to change it extensively based on your specific situation.
13 El Camino Real, Apt 45
Sunnyvale, CA 95123
Phone: +1 (408) 123-4567
Email: [email protected]
May 24, 2019
Consulate General of Switzerland
Pier 17, Suite 600
San Francisco, CA 94111
Subject: Schengen visa for tourism for Ganesh Murthy, Indian Passport No: A1234567
Dear Sir or Madam,
My wife Riddhi Murthy and I would like to travel to Switzerland from Jun 15, 2019, through Jun 25, 2019, as tourists. I would like to apply for the Schengen visa for the same.
We have grown up watching Bollywood movies, and it is our lifelong dream to visit Switzerland to see all its beautiful sightseeing places.
We have planned our travel itinerary as follows:
- 06/14/2019 – Take a flight from San Francisco, CA
- 06/15/2019 – Land at Zurich Airport, Switzerland. Overnight stay at Zurich Marriott Hotel
- 06/16/2019 – Visit Lake Zurich, Burkliplatz, and Loindehof Square
- 06/17/2019 – Visit Old Town, Rhine Falls, Grossmunster, and Uetliberg
- 06/18/2019 – Travel to The Matterhorn
- 06/19/2019 – Travel to Jungfraujoch – The top of Europe
- 06/20/2019 – Travel to Interlaken and Lucerne
- 06/21/2019 – Travel to Lake Geneva, Jet d’Eau (Water Jet), Temple de Saint-Pierre
- 06/22/2019 – Jaridin Anglais (English Garden) and Parc de la Grange
- 06/23/2019 – Visit Jardin Botanique (Botanical Gardens)
- 06/24/2019 – Travel Back to Zurich. Overnight stay.
- 06/25/2019 – Take a flight back to San Francisco, CA.
Please find the following documents attached herewith in support of my Schengen visa application:
- Schengen visa application form
- Two photographs
- Valid passport – Original and a copy
- Proof of accommodation
- Proof of my bank statements, tax returns, and my last 3 pay stubs
- Employment letter, no objection letter
- Marriage certificate
- Flight itinerary
- Schengen visa fees
- Schengen visa travel insurance
- Proof of our legal status in US – H1B visa for myself and H4 visa for my wife
- Proof of medical records – specific to your medical condition
- Bank statements to show that you have enough money to take care of your treatment. (Most insurance plans would not cover foreign treatment)
I trust that you will find the above documents sufficient in order to approve our Schengen visa.
If you have any questions or need further documents, I can be reached at any time at the above-mentioned contact information.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?