Through the Government Visitor program under the J-1 visa, distinguished international visitors develop and strengthen professional and personal relationships with their American counterparts in U.S. federal, state, or local government agencies. Such participants are influential and distinguished persons and selected by a U.S. federal, state, or local government agency. They are engaged in observation tours, discussions, consultations, professional meetings, conferences, workshops, travel, training, and demonstrating special skills.
Maximum duration for the participation in this program is 18 months.
J1 Visa InsuranceGet Quotes
For visitors, travel, student and other international travel medical insurance.Visit insubuy.com or call 1 (866) INSUBUY or +1 (972) 985-4400
ACA Requirements and ExemptionsRead Article
Sponsors must ensure that:
- Participants are appropriately screened and selected
- Participants have health insurance in place for the duration of the exchange program for themselves and their dependents, if any.
- Before the program begins, the sponsor needs to provide:
- Information on the length and location(s) of the participant’s exchange visitor program.
- A summary of the significant components of the program.
- A written statement clearly stating the stipend, if any, to be paid to the government visitor.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?