Please follow the instructions below to complete the Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization, while applying for EAD for J-2 visa:
- #1 Your name must be written exactly as it appears on your Form DS-2019
- #2 If you have used any other names in the past, mention them here. Many married females change their last name after the marriage. In that case, you may enter your name before marriage here. If this is not applicable to you, please leave it blank.
- #3 Your residence address. If you plan to move within the next 4-5 months while the EAD application is pending, it might be best to specify someone else’s address that will remain the same during the process. (You should put your name c/o friend’s name in the address.) The post office will not forward the USCIS mail to your new address even if you file a change of address with the post office.
- #9 If you already have SSN, please provide it here. Otherwise, leave it blank. If you don’t already have SSN, you will be applying for SSN after your application has been approved.
- #10 I-94 number is the 11 digit number found in the top left side of the Form I-94, which you can print online from CBP web site.
- #11 If you have received the employment authorization (EAD) from USCIS previously, answer “Yes” and provide the details. Answer “Yes” even if the previous EAD was on a different basis, such as based on OPT (Student Visa). Otherwise, answer “No”.
- #12 You can usually find this date stamped in red on your Form I-94.
- #13 This is the last port of entry from where you entered the U.S. That should also be printed on your Form I-94.
- #14 Most likely, that answer would be “J-2”. However, it may be different in case you changed your status to J-2 from something else. Please provide an appropriate answer.
- #15 J-2
- #16 “(c)(5)”
J1 Visa InsuranceGet Quotes
For visitors, travel, student and other international travel medical insurance.Visit insubuy.com or call 1 (866) INSUBUY or +1 (972) 985-4400