H4 Visa Stamping Documents
You will need the following documents for getting H-4 visa stamping.
- Current passport as well as old old passports
Confirmation page of online submitted Form DS-160 with CEAC
Fees to be paid in advance before taking an appointment.
- Original Interview appointment letter and one copy.
I-129 Petition Receipt Number, printed on approved Form I-129 petition and copy of Form I-797 approval.
Original Form I-797 is not required
for the interview.
The Consular officer will verify the primary applicant's petition approval through the PIMS (Petition Information Management Service) of the Department of State.
Photocopies of the first page, last page and remarks pages of your current passport.
- Original Form I-129
and one copy of the principal visa applicant.
Letter from employer that describes the relationship
with the Principal Applicant and the purpose of travel.
Photocopy of the Principal Applicant's
(if applying separately).
Original marriage certificate for spouse along with entire wedding photo album.
Additionally, it would be helpful to provide genuine marriage proof.
Original birth certificate for each child.
Wedding invitation card.
- All pages of the principal applicant's passport (if not applying with principal applicant). If a copy of the passport is submitted, it should be a good copy and the photo must be clearly identifiable.
- Copy of the principal applicant's work experience letters.
- Pay stubs from principal applicant's current place of work and income tax return.
- If your spouse is currently working in the U.S. on an H1-B visa, please submit the pay slips for the current calendar year and federal tax returns (IRS Form 1040 and W-2s) for all the years in which he/she has been employed in the U.S. on the H-1B visa. Submit the primary applicant's last 6 months bank statements as well.
The consulate will not accept documents received directly from the company by mail or fax. The applicant should bring all documents to the interview. The Consulate will not make this information available to anyone and will destroy the documents after review.
You don't really have to change your name after marriage, such as changing last name to have same as husband's last name (or in South India, removing father's name as last name and adding husband's name as last name). If you have changed your name after marriage, you should get it changed in your passport before applying for an H4 visa. Otherwise, H4 visa will be issued in the name that appears in the passport.